New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

i have os 10.9.3 but silverlight crashes?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

britrecko

britrecko is on a distinguished road

i was attempting to watch net flixs but the screen was blank except for the statement "silverlight plug i failed.'
it began yesterday as i entered metopes watch and listen but my mgr retina heard music but no picture.
What is going on and how do i correct it.
I have a new macbook air which arrived today and i was planning transferring my applications. But i need to fix this plug in failure first. suggestions please.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Download a new Silverlight Plug In from Microsoft or update the one you're currently using. Download from here.
QUOTE Thanks
britrecko

i moved the old silverlight to the trash and reinstalled from the link. Still have the same message .
Thank you. Any other avenues please.
QUOTE Thanks
britrecko

All else failing, i have an application called "Clean my Mac" i did a full clean up and now i have netflix working again. thank you for your help.I do not know whether i needed to empty the trash can with my old silverllight or whether the new installation from the link worked but something very positive happened.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

All is revealed.

That is crapware big time. Now the hard part is uninstalling. Make sure youfollow this:-

http://macpaw.com/support/cleanmymac...l-cleanmymac-2

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Mail Font Corruption? | URL in Word doesn't work in PDF »