New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Playlist conversion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PickyPants

PickyPants is on a distinguished road

I have a new Mac Mini running OS X Mavericks. Does anybody know of a 3rd party Mac-compatible program that I can use to convert 50 playlists created on a Windows PC to be useable in iTunes?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What application did you use in Windows to create the playlists?
QUOTE Thanks
PickyPants

PickyPants is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
What application did you use in Windows to create the playlists?
I used MediaMonkey to create all of my playlists, and they're in the M3U format. I also used DBpoweramp to convert all of my music files from WMA (Lossless and 320kbps, depending on whether it's an A-tune or a B-tune, respectively) to AIF files, and then transfered those over to my Mac via an external hard drive.

As an experiment, I created a short playlist using iTunes, and then opened up the playlist using TextEdit. I saw each tune's complete metadata along with its location. The Windows playlist gives the file's location only. What's up with that?

PP
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I know nothing at all about what constitutes a Windows playlist, but I'm fairly certain the playlists you created with MediaMonkey will not convert to readable playlists for iTunes. You'll probably need to do them over.

We purchase many inexpensive MP3 players to give away with our personal recordings on them. They all come with MediaMonkey which we remove and go directly instead to iTunes and do a drag and drop instead. As far as I'm aware, MediaMonkey playlists are not compatible with iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerPoint | Save pdf files from Safari »