Restore data from Time Machine
    Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but I am not too confident in the Forum.

I don't know what I did but all my contacts in "Contact" are gone.

I did try to get them back from the Time Machine but I can't do it because I don't know how to dot it.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you

1.Open "Contacts";
    2.Enter Time Machine and,in Applications,select Contacts ant then a date when you're sure Contacts had al info;
    3.Click "Restore".
    That's it.

Ta cabalebe1.

I saw that kind of instruction in the net, but the command "Restore" doesn't shows anywhere or I cannot find it...

I am doing something wrong and I don't know what...

I am enclosing a pdf with what I am doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK.It seems you don't have the Time Machine icon on your Menubar,so on the 4th pic go to System Preferences>Time Machine and click "Enter Time Machine" and proceed as I mentioned in points 2 and 3 of
    my previous reply.You'll find the "Restore" button on bottom right of your display .
    Keep me posted.

Aaaah! That was what I was doing wrong... I did click in the icon in the desktop that says "Time Machine Backups" instead of the Time Machine Menu Bar icon.

It is working now... Thank you so much.

Only one more question: I can only restore card by card, There is anyway to restore all together at the same time? I don't mind, I have plenty of time, I having " a fun" but just to know in the future.

2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    You might want to read this thread on the Apple Forums, there is a post from James Monte that works well.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Ta McBie.

I did finish restoring card by card but I take notice of the advice in your link. Actually I'm going to have a try since by now I lose nothing and will be a good training for the next time that I need to restore something.

I take this opportunity to thanks cabalebe1 for his/her advice that did work perfectly and to apologize for being so rude not to thank straight away.

All the best, McBie. Thank you.

Thread Information