New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Possible to Edit in Preview?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Marrk

Marrk is on a distinguished road

A search of "Edit in Preview" got nothing, so here's the question.

I want to mask or cover a part of a .jpg picture for identity issues. Is this possible in Preview? I've been fiddling with the cursor and the text function, but not really getting anywhere.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13.3" 2.66 GHz OS 10.9.3
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I don't believe Preview has a "blur" feature that can be used. However, there are other programs that do have this feature which you can download from the Mac App Store for free.

Check out "Skitch" in the Mac App Store. It's free and has many various tools to work with including one to "blur" out objects.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

No there isn't a Blur as such, but you can pick a Line or Square or Circle and choose the Thick setting and it can cover a Numberplate, or a face or anything you want.
The Skitch way is to choose the Coverup (black with squares in the Box) and you will need to use that 4/5 times to completely cover something as the Opacity is low and see through . .
PS: I hate sketch since it went to EverNote

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox 29 Problems | Video cam application with live date and time. »