New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How do I copy iTunes tracks to another computer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I have a Mac desktop with a very large iTunes collection. This is all music that was not purchased from iTunes and is non-protected so I won't be dealing with issues over protection.
My wife has a new Mac laptop and wants to get some tracks from my collection. It is several hundred or more and I know it would be hard to go through the actual folders on the computer and find all the tracks. A lot of times the folders and names don't seem to match what's on iTunes so this can be hard to do.
Is there a way I can simply choose which songs directly within iTunes to copy to her computer? I'm just looking for an easy way to copy what she wants from my collection to her iTunes collection?
Thanks in advance for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Homesharing

Home Sharing - Get Started - Apple Support
iTunes: Setting up Home Sharing on your computer
Understanding Home Sharing
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2688 or music sharing - with this one, you could just set up a playlist of the songs she wants and share that playlist

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Go through iTunes, put all the tracks in a playlist, then drag and drop them onto a USB stick and then load onto your wife's Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox 29 | mause handling »