iPhoto update big time fail and I cry :*(
    Hello all.
    Sorry to be a pest and stupid Apple dummy, but I am hoping someone can help me.
    I living in a country town three hours from the nearest authorised Apple Reseller.
    So, my problem is that I have tried to update my iPhoto and I get two messages. Big time fail ones .. boo hoo!
    They are :-
    Update Unavailable with This Apple ID
    This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled.
    THEN I hit the OK button and this widow pops up:-
    We could not complete your request.
    There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (null)
    SO. As you can see I have a wee bit of a dilemma here. I have not had anything refunded. I do not know what to do.
    Can anyone offer suggestions?
    Thanks so much for reading my post.
    Cheerio!
    Mary

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro OS 10.11.1, iPhone 5s iOS 9.2, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2, iPod Classic 80Gb
    Bit of clarification here Mary. Why are you updating iPhoto? Did you receive notification from the app store that one was available?
    What version are you currently running?
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Also, was your Mac a used one, or did you buy it new? If it was used when you got it, did it come with iPhoto? It could be that if it was used, the Apple ID associated with iPhoto is the previous owner, not your Apple ID.

But since you got the second error about the App store not being available, perhaps the entire problem is related to that and all you need to do is try again later.

Well. I upgraded to Maverick.
    Then I tried to use iPhoto and it had a circle and line through it.
    Then I received an update notification. And that is when I tried to update and the two messages came up.
    I have kept trying for nearly a month now, waiting for the store to amend the issue.
    Also, this macbook was a present from my son, who is an authorised apple technician.
    I have no idea if this is new or pre-owned. I guess I should be a little more knowledgeable regarding the unit, but I guess I didn't think there would be any eventual issues, as all the other Mac products, computers & notebooks have never, ever had problems. Love APPLE!!! And I miss Steve Jobs

By the way, thank you so much for replying to my initial post. I am very, very grateful for your timely responses.

You are true gems!!

With many thanks,

Mary

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sounds like your son used his own Apple ID to set up the machine. If that's the case, then the answer is pretty simple -- he just needs to use your machine, log into his account with Apple and update iPhoto for you, or give you the password for his Apple ID.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro OS 10.11.1, iPhone 5s iOS 9.2, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2, iPod Classic 80Gb
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Sounds like your son used his own Apple ID to set up the machine. If that's the case, then the answer is pretty simple -- he just needs to use your machine, log into his account with Apple and update iPhoto for you, or give you the password for his Apple ID.
    Ah, yep, I think you've nailed it chas_m. Best intentions from son.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information