How can I download XCode without a credit card?
    Does anyone know how to get XCode on Mavericks without a credit card?

I have just installed Mavericks and now can't use XCode without updating it. XCode is free, but it needs to be installed via the App Store or iTunes. I don't have a credit card.

I called Apple Support after spending the entire morning trying to get around the credit card block. It took nearly an hour to get through and then repeat my email address, etc, before reaching a support person who could help. The support guy told me that it is possible to choose "no credit card" when setting up an Apple ID. That option was not available when I set up my ID. To confirm this, I created another ID.

He then said that he would talk to a supervisor. He disappeared and the line went dead.

Could someone please help? Unfortunately, I cannot get hold of a credit card and even if I could, I would not want to use one on this shared machine.

It has been a pretty frustrating week with Apple. A cord caught on fire (they won't replace it) and my year-old harddrive crashed irreparably (they won't pay for that either). Right now, all I want is to use XCode. Is there any way around this block?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Follow the instructions here: Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

It tells you how to create the account without the credit card..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Ashwin, thanks a lot for that link. I'm in Europe right now and your link took me to a US site where the option, "none" does appear on the credit card page. It looks like only US users can select "none." So I provided a US address and signed up that way.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Glad you got it sorted out one way or another.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Annettest View Post
    I'm in Europe right now and your link took me to a US site where the option...
    We are a world-wide internet forum...and thus get questions from all over the world. Depending on folks questions...sometimes having the members location in their profile helps when answering questions...and can help with providing the best answers. The location (for example) could be your country. Just a suggestion...your choice.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information