Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in Vermont
    Specs:
    iMac, 27-inch, Mid 2011 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB OS10.10.3
    Re-installing iBooks into Mac 10.9.2
    Finding that metadata editing is not offered in iBooks (for Mac) yet, along with issues about not being able to sort for things such as authors, I found a solution in one of the forums for removing iBooks from my iMac. This automatically brought "Books" back into iTunes.
    Now finding a workaround, using ecalibre to edit the metadata, then loading into the iBooks app, works fine. (I can live without my preferred sorts.)
    How do i re-install the iBooks app for Mavericks without reloading the whole OS?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    You will need Mavericks either on a USB or downloaded onto your Mac and in the Applications folder (the latter being the best option) and use the free App called Pacifist to dig down through the .pkg to the Applications Folder to the iBooks.app and extract it to your current Applications Folder.
    This is the ONLY way without a OS reinstall.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    iMac, 27-inch, Mid 2011 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB OS10.10.3
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    You will need Mavericks either on a USB or downloaded onto your Mac and in the Applications folder (the latter being the best option) and use the free App called Pacifist to dig down through the .pkg to the Applications Folder to the iBooks.app and extract it to your current Applications Folder.
    Thank you TattooedMac.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS black convertible, 5 on-the-floor, 300-horsepower 3-valve 4.6-liter V-8.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    TattooedMac: I (finally) did what you suggested above. Worked outstandingly, thank you again. The only exception I did was to save off the downloaded file containing Mac OS X 9.2 into a different folder so that I can access it in the future, whether to re-install an individual app, or to install Mavericks on one of our other computers.

Thanks again.

BG
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS black convertible, 5 on-the-floor, 300-horsepower 3-valve 4.6-liter V-8.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklynguy View Post
    TattooedMac: I (finally) did what you suggested above. Worked outstandingly, thank you again. The only exception I did was to save off the downloaded file containing Mac OS X 9.2 into a different folder so that I can access it in the future, whether to re-install an individual app, or to install Mavericks on one of our other computers.

Thanks again.

BG
    Good to hear.

Now to save disk space, (the 5.??GB it takes up) use Lion Disk Maker and put Mavericks on a USB for safe keeping.
    I now have Snow Leopard and up in a safe in my room for the "Just in case" Situation.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information