New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Disk Drill Pro On Sale

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I didn't know if anyone was interested in some HD/SSD file recovery software...but Disk Drill Pro is currently on sale for just $9.00 (regularly $89). File recovery programs generally cost close to $100...so $9 is a pretty good deal.

It always stinks to have to pay close to $100 after accidentially deleting important files or a storage failure...and there isn't always a guarantee of success (especially if the files have already been over-written). So $9 is a pretty cheap just in case.

All details in this link:

Disk Drill Pro Recovery Software for Mac for $9

- Nick

p.s. Of course having a backup is always best. But then there are those times between backups where there is still some new file loss vunerability.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Thanks for the heads up Nick. A great deal indeed!

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of like insurance (fire, life, home, auto, Applecare, etc.)...something hard to sell before a problem...but something EVERYONE with a problem wants AFTER!

Not super necessary if someone backs up frequently. But there is always the small possibility of data loss between backups. For just $9 I'm thinking about it. I certainly agree...the full price of $89 is something harder to spend without an issue (but we never know when those issues will occur).

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light

What are some of the others out there? I have Data Rescue 3, but thought there was another popular title or two.

I think I'll grab this up for the $9. Data rescue has recovered a lot for some customers, but sometimes fails. It would be good to have a backup program.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Disk Warrior is another one. I think $99 bucks.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

I've had Disk Drill (the free version) installed for a while. I don't know if the other recovery apps have this...but I was basically using the free version because it tells you the number of:

- "uptime" hours a storage device has on it
- quick info on total storage space & free space
- simple temp. info (Im guessing HD temp)

I found the "total hours on the device info" very interesting for when I buy a used Mac...just to see how much use it has seen by the previous owner/owners (assuming the original storage device).

This all sits conveniently in the menu bar (dropdown menu).

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Well...I was just about to purchase...and the deal has expired. It was only available for 2 hours 21 minutes. Darn!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Update. If anyone is really interested (even though the deal has expired)...I just went to the website...and it accepted the discount code from the link above:

- discount code: DDPMR-2DLT-9F

Maybe it will work a little bit longer.

So I got it for $9.00 bucks. Let's hope I never need it!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Thanks Nick, a great deal for $9.00. I just added it to my collection - I already have a copy of Data Rescue 3 which I purchased some time ago as part of bundle of apps.

Note that you have to download the Basic version first, then the Pro version, then apply the license code to the Pro version to activate it. A bit of work, but worth it.

Edit: It accepted the discount code for me also. Maybe they extended the time limit to buy?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Thanks Nick, a great deal for $9.00. I just added it to my collection - I already have a copy of Data Rescue 3 which I purchased some time ago as part of bundle of apps.

Note that you have to download the Basic version first, then the Pro version, then apply the license code to the Pro version to activate it. A bit of work, but worth it.
Glad you got it Charlie. As you can see from my posts...I messed around & the deal expired (on the Dealnews site). But I was still able to successfully enter the discount code at the Disk Drill site.

As far as the downloading. I already had the basic/free version installed...so I just entered the code (received via e-mail). Is there really a Basic and Pro download?

From the way it looks on my end... Basic/Free + activation code = Pro

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:

Edit: It accepted the discount code for me also. Maybe they extended the time limit to buy?
I know sometimes with these deals there's a max. number of activations before the deal expires. For example...100 activations, 250 activations, 500 activations, etc. But the Dealnews deal didn't mention anything.

It seems that the compay is based in Germany. So it's Friday Night now in Germany...and maybe everyone is partying...and someone forgot to "turn off the switch" on the $9.00 deal (if you go directly to their website)!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It does appear that the download of the basic version can be upgraded to Pro with the license code received from Cleverbridge. What's confusing is after downloading the basic version it pops up with a Link that says "Get Pro". I clicked on that and it downloaded the same thing over again. All you really need to do is apply the license code and it upgrades to Pro which unlocks features.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
It does appear that the download of the basic version can be upgraded to Pro with the license code received from Cleverbridge. What's confusing is after downloading the basic version it pops up with a Link that says "Get Pro". I clicked on that and it downloaded the same thing over again. All you really need to do is apply the license code and it upgrades to Pro which unlocks features.
Thanks for confirming Charlie. Just wanted to make sure I had the "Pro" version. Which seems to be the "Basic"/free version + the activation code.

Like I mentioned above...I've been using this app for a while now (free version) for the HD temp info...but more for the hours of total HD uptime when I buy a used Mac.

The 21" 2009 iMac I purchased a while back had something like 19,000+ hours on it...and my 2011 17" MBP has like 8000+ hours (both purchased used).

This info is also sort of interesting from an HD reliability standpoint. When folks post how "reliable" is "XYZ" HD...and I can say..."Well...my 2009 iMac's HD has 19,000+ hours on it."

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

I grabbed it up this afternoon and like that it shows the wear level on my SSD. Pretty nice app for $9

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Couldn't pass it up for $9 either - the code is still working as of about 3 minutes ago.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« adobe flash | Safari Local Storage & Odd Cookies Quesiton »