Thread: PDF Documents

Specs:
    3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697
    PDF Documents
    I was recently sent a 14 page interactive pdf document by email 2 pages of which I had to complete and then return to the sender. I completed the required pages and then attempted to return the document to the sender only to be told that it was too big (76.2MB) and exceeded the maximum size document I could send (54MB).
    I understand that PDF documents don't compress so I tried to make the document smaller by removing the 12 pages that I didn't need to complete. There was no resultant decrease in size. Can anybody tell me why this is or am I not doing something I should be doing. I used Preview to open and edit the document.

I am using a late 2011 iMac i7 running OS 10.9.2.

Could you not take a screen shot of the relevant PDF file and send them instead.

Specs:
    3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
    Could you not take a screen shot of the relevant PDF file and send them instead.
    I did try and alternative method in that I printed the two pages and then scanned them in as JPEES and the n attached these to an email but for some reason the receiver couldn't open the attachment??

Specs:
    Sorry meant JPEG!

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    How about combining the jpegs into a single pdf file. See Merge JPG images into a single PDF file? | Ask Dave Taylor If necessary it should be possible to adjust the size of the jpegs before creating the pdf.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
    Get Dropbox, drop your document in, and share link to download
    Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving

Specs:
    MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
    You can use 'Save as PDF' option in your print dialogue - this will usually discard all the interactive forms and flatten objects, resulting in a much smaller file. Just in case you're not sure where it is:

CMD+P ---> in the printer menu window, at the bottom, in the left-hand corner, click on [PDF] button ---> select Save as PDF

Since you've used Preview to handle the file, I am not suggesting using file optimisation in Acrobat Pro
    Dvid

Thread Information