New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Wondershare PDF Pro FREE!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Just a heads up...
You can get a FREE copy of Wondershare PDF Editor Pro (a legitimate alternative to the very expensive Adobe Acrobat Pro, including OCR!) which will only be available for the next few days:

Wondershare PDF Editor Pro for Mac or PC downloads for free

Some hints and tricks for downloading and using Wondershare PDF Editor Pro:

They ask for your e-mail address to download and register your copy. It's likely that they are going to spam that address. So, instead of giving them your real e-mail address, create a free temporary e-mail address at which to receive your registration code using Mailinator:
Mailinator
Instructions: Give them an e-mail that you make up in the @mailinator.com domain. e.g.: download@mailinator.com
After you give them that e-mail address, and they say that they have sent you the registration code, go to the Maininator Web site, put your made up e-mail address into the field, hit Return, and pick up your registration e-mail from Wondershare.

There is a mini-tutorial for Wondershare here:
Mac PDF Editor Pro ? Edit PDF files on Mac (Support OCR)

It's not entirely obvious how to delete text in a PDF in Wondershare. Here's how you do it:
Mac PDF Editor Pro ? Edit PDF files on Mac (Support OCR)

Enjoy!

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Thanks Randy. I have been meaning to take a look at this piece of software. I've got a project I'd like to work on this summer that will need good OCR software.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Thanks Randy. I have been meaning to take a look at this piece of software. I've got a project I'd like to work on this summer that will need good OCR software.
My pleasure!

If it hadn't been free I wouldn't have even looked at something named "Wondershare."

It's not as good as a couple of others that I've seen, but it's good for the price (free).

Other possibilities, other than forking out over $400 for Acrobat Pro:

PDFpen ($60)
PDFpen: Mac PDF Editor - Edit, Sign, and Correct PDFs

PDF Studio Pro ($129)
PDF Studio - PDF Editor for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux

PDF Nomad ($40)
https://sintraworks.com/index.php/si...pdfnomad_home/

PDF Editor Pro ($99)
PDF Editor Pro for Mac | MacAppware Mac optimizer, Mac fonts, Mac logo design, Mac bundles and more

PDF Converter Mac ($100)
PDF Converter for Mac - PDF Converter for Mac | Nuance - Nuance

There are other PDF manipulation utilities, of course, including Preview, which can do a lot. But all of the above have the ability to delete/replace existing text in a PDF, and to do OCR. That's what makes them potential replacements for Acrobat Pro.

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I have one of the version of PDF Pen (Pro I think) but haven't really taken time to put it through its paces.

It's the OCR function that's most interesting to me. My wife has a number of magazines with craft patterns in them. Since the mags are several years old most are not in digital format. It would be nice to scan them to something that is searchable.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Gckaust

Gckaust is on a distinguished road

Acrobat lets you PDF an entire web site not just landing page or selected URL. Do you know if the wonder share product does.
Thanks
Greg
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Expired 4/6/14 in case anyone is reading down this far...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Numbers 3.2 (new) Page numbering removal | Audio in powerpoint »