New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

TAB question about IE, Firefox, or Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dopey423

dopey423 is on a distinguished road

when i am entering information online, ie. "name" address" "select your state," i always use the tab button to navigate to the next line and enter information.... however whenever i push tab and the next line is a drop down menu like "select your state" why can i not use tab to select my state?

with windows i could always just push tab, type "c" for california, and then it would choose california for me and i would push tab again to move on... but not on this OS..

is there any fix or patch i can get to let me to what i want?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

You may have to go into Safari Preferences (Command+,) and click the "Advanced" tab, then turn on "Use Tab to select each item on a page".

Maybe that will do it?

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
dopey423

dopey423 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the quick response. it did work in safari where i can just push the arrows to select my state..... however i could not find the same feature in firefox. do you know if there is a way?
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

I don't use FireFox, so no. I haven't found a website yet that can't load in Safari.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
jn4jenny

Embarrassing: I've been a Powerbook user for over two years and never knew how to turn this function on! Rep point for surfwax
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Software recommendations | watching avi files on the tv »