New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe Premiere Elements 12...Crashing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pmk814

pmk814 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: Early 2011; 2.3GHz; 8GB RAM; version 10.9.4 OS X

Hello,

I am doing a trail version of Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (latest version) on my Macbook Pro. Anyone ever use this (whether on Mac or Windows)? I may want to go up to the Pro version if this basic version works well. So far my trail version keeps crashing after working on a work over 10-30 minutes of editing. The computer itself remains on and functional...so far.

Another note is that I upgraded to the Maverick Mac OS-X Version 10.9.2.

I looked over the technical requirements on the adobe website before I downloaded the trail version from there. My Macbook meets all the requirements just fine.

My Macbook Pro is from Early 2011. I made quite a few adjustments over the years to it.

It still has its original 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 processor (64 bit) and graphics card: Intel HD graphics 3000 512GB. I switched out my 4GB RAM with 8GB RAM and my HDD (320GB) for a SSD (250GB). Every other program on my Macbook has worked fine this whole time. Sadly, I no longer have the original parts I switched out.

You think my attempt to play surgeon on my Macbook Pro may be responsible for this crashing? Or do think the computer itself is too old? Adobe Premiere is the most recent/modern program ran on my Macbook to this date.

I read a few reviews mentioning the same scenario on Adobe Premiere elements 12, but no thoughts on what may be causing the program to crash.

Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MS Office 2011 Date & Time format | Invoice Software »