New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Software Query

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wardy

Wardy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct space but here goes. Can I assume that if a piece of software is featured in Mac Forum (specifically Clean My Mac 2) that it is something that is to be trusted and works?

Once again my apologies if this is the worn g place to post this.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I moved your post here to the correct forum. In answering your question about "Clean My Mac 2", we have to make the following disclaimer:

We have no control over which software is advertised on our forums. The advertisements are paid by the advertiser to the owners of these forums.

Having said that, it is my opinion that software such as "Clean My Mac 2" or "MacKeeper" do more harm than good. The only cleaning tool we recommend is OnyX which is a free application and can be downloaded from here.
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Wardy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

Thank you I had a feeling that was the case.
QUOTE Thanks
=E=

=E= is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini late 2012 2.6ghz i7 8gb ram Fusiondrive ; iMac (mid 2010)

I have bad experience with Clean My Mac 2. Stay away!
I have learned the hard way, that it is not needed to clean your Mac as for an example Windows PC.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

In marketing the old Latin proverb applies Wardy ~ "a buck is a buck is a buck"!

Use Onyx which is free for maintaining your Mac.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I'm a big fan of Cocktail, myself. Onyx does a great job too.
QUOTE Thanks
exncite

exncite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I moved your post here to the correct forum. In answering your question about "Clean My Mac 2", we have to make the following disclaimer:

We have no control over which software is advertised on our forums. The advertisements are paid by the advertiser to the owners of these forums.

Having said that, it is my opinion that software such as "Clean My Mac 2" or "MacKeeper" do more harm than good. The only cleaning tool we recommend is OnyX which is a free application and can be downloaded from here.
Brings up a question. I'm tired of having the damned MacKeeper popup constantly popping up. I have "block popups" set in Safari, but I still keep getting the annoying thing. Is there something else I can do to stop it from showing up?

Thanks for any suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

AdblockPlus

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SimTower / Sim Tower | 1Password 4 »