New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

the default mail program?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RangerJet

RangerJet is on a distinguished road

The mail application I see on the dock, the icon is a stamp with an eagle. Where is the folder and accounts for all this stored?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJet View Post
The mail application I see on the dock, the icon is a stamp with an eagle. Where is the folder and accounts for all this stored?
Hi RangerJet - not sure that you really want to be 'messing' w/ that information? Please provide some more information: 1) Mac model/year; 2) OS X installed; and 3) Why do you want to know these questions? I'm sure if the forum better understands your problems and needs, appropriate suggestions can be given. Dave
QUOTE Thanks
RangerJet

RangerJet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hi RangerJet - not sure that you really want to be 'messing' w/ that information? Please provide some more information: 1) Mac model/year; 2) OS X installed; and 3) Why do you want to know these questions? I'm sure if the forum better understands your problems and needs, appropriate suggestions can be given. Dave
OS X Version 10.8.5
Just curious. I don't currently use it. Want to know if its similar to other mail programs such a Thunderbird. and if the mail and preferences are stored locally in folders and such.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

It's a mail client like thunderbird but I much prefer it to thunderbird which I find bloated and now no more updates.

All Mail is stored locally if that is what you are wondering. It's not a Cloud application.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

And to top on to everyone else, its found in
Code:
~/Library/Mail/V2
, but you don't want to go messing around in there unless you know what your doing. You can move your TB Mail over and drop it into the V2 folder and when Mac Mail opens, it should all be in the Mac Mail App.

Remember if you do something like this, to do a Backup before hand . . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rwivie

rwivie is on a distinguished road

Check in ~/Library/Mail that is where it is on mine.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
It's a mail client like thunderbird but I much prefer it to thunderbird which I find bloated and now no more updates.
Where did you read that T-Bird would not be updated any longer? I'm curious because I just several days ago downloaded an update. Latest version is 24.3.0
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Yes, Agree with Chas. Mozilla flat out said no more thunderbird releases and they were assigning the team to other projects mostly for mobile. I hope Maint updates still come out for those that use it. If you got an update, maybe there is still hope. When I read Mozillas announcement I lost hope!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, Mozilla is still providing maintenance and security updates to Thunderbird, however, development has ceased. As I stated in my reply above, I just not long ago downloaded and installed one of those updates.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

It's very confusing. The Memo to their employes says one thing and another note says another thing. Oh well!

What I saw was that memo to the staff and that is what was being quoted.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Quote:
It's very confusing.
Nothing new there Dennis. Normal mode of operation from the folks at Mozilla!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Pro 9 issues | Google Chrome: Parallels Desktop was not found. »