New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photo Size

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pless65

pless65 is on a distinguished road

How do you change the pixel size of a photo?
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Hi Pless65 - welcome to the forum! Since this is your first post, I would suggest that supplying the specs of your computer and also the OS being used is pretty much a necessity.

SO, I'm assuming that you are using a recent OS, such as Mtn Lion or Mavericks - if so you can do much w/ the built-in Preview app - I've attached a pic of an image of a local BBQ restaurant opened in Preview - I first tapped the 'Edit' button (red arrow) which opens the edit bar below - you can crop and resize (the latter the blue arrow) - SO this app can easily crop & resize images (and also do much more, such as add the arrows in my image) - let us know if this helps? Dave

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 7.40.50 PM.png (583.0 KB, 25 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I was going to point you too a App called Quick Resizer on the Mac App Store, but i seemed to go got it when it was in the Beta and for free, but now its 99, and with the App, you just drag a image into it, and give it a size Vertical or Horizontal.

FYI, if you need to resize a lot of images, you can also use Automator, and make a Workflow. I have 1 for making images 800x600 and i can do this in batches 100+ images at a time, or just the one if need be. Something to think about also if you are continuously having to resize images too.

Also, if you are wanting to resize to use in a forum like this, you can use a Image Hosting site like imgur.com where you can set your image size, and a folder you want it to go into, (within your account) and you drag a image into the Safari window and it will rezise the image, then give you a bunch of URL's that you can use to post straight into say Mac-Forums post, using the [img] [/img] tags. This way i like because it leaves me with the original size image on my Mac, and then different sizes in my Imgur account. . .

Just another couple of ways to do it, as you didn't really give us too much info as to why or where you are putting the resized image

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Well, Tmac has given you some additional options (and others certainly exist) - just unclear what your needs may be? So, please explain because your choice(s) will depend on you needs.

But as to 'batch processing', Preview can serve for a limited number of images - YES! Attached is a screen capture of 4 pics that I brought into Preview, each can be scrolled through and edits (such as resizing) chosen - SO, again try what is already on your computer - may be enough - probably serves 90% or more of my needs - Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 9.34.03 PM.png (301.7 KB, 19 views)
QUOTE Thanks
pless65

pless65 is on a distinguished road

Thanks all...you gave me my answer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems importing photos from camera | Best Scanner Software for Mac? »