New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Bar code and Inventory software for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

storis

storis is on a distinguished road

My daughter has an interior design business, her accountant told her she needs to inventory her warehouse. She has a Mac book pro and an iPhone. I am trying to help her find a good program that will allow her to take a picture of an item enter a description of the item, generate and print a barcode label, and enter this information into an excel spreadsheet.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your post was moved here to "OS X - Apps and Games" the correct forum. It does not belong in our Lounge forum.
QUOTE Thanks
storis

Thanks, I wasn't sure where it should go. I have done some further research and found that her accounting program has an inventory module in it that will allow you to attach a picture of an item, enter a description and location. It will then assign it an item number, so all I have to find is a good barcode generator program to make labels with the item number on it.
QUOTE Thanks
kabrokes

kabrokes is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a barcode app as well, for the UPC codes. I found a pretty easy QR code generator where you can put contact info, website address, even text in. The text portion doesn't need a WIFI connection to print out the text, so that may be beneficial.

Hope this helps, and that someone can post about a good UPC generator.
QUOTE Thanks
storis

I found 2 bar code generator programs that sound pretty good. Bar Code Producer by Apparent (single user license $299.99) and Barcode Maker for Mac by iWinsoft ($49.99).
We will probably go with Barcode Maker partly because of cost and mainly because we have no need for everything Bar Code Producer offers.

Now I need to find a scanner that will work with AccountEdge Pro. Their website says the program will work with scanners that output to the computer as a keyboard device, I have emailed their customer support find out what this means because my Mac uses usb or bluetooth for keyboard connection, not a dedicated keyboard connection.
QUOTE Thanks
storis

I learned that almost all barcode scanners can send data to a computer as a keyboard device, and that Honeywell, Motorola, Wasp, & Socket all make good bluetooth scanners that sell for around $200. While I was looking around I came across 2 iPhone apps that sound promising. iCody, and CLZ Barry, they use the phones camera and send the information to the computer. They are both $9.99 on Apples app stores and both seem to have good reviews. I may try one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3d program for 2d photography | Mac Office 2010 »