New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Help with downloading more logic pro X instruments?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rachsmells

rachsmells is on a distinguished road

Hi. On my macbook I have logic pro x, which is great, but compared to my college it has fewer instruments - it lacks for example timpani, which I particularly need and other things besides. Is this because my college also has logic pro 9 as well as logic pro x? (if so, I'd have hoped logic pro x would have had a better library) either way, is there any way I could download more instruments for my logic pro x? Preferably for free. That would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Sorry, as far as I'm aware, there are no free downloads for Logic Pro. There are in fact plenty of instruments available but it's pay as you go.... See this LINK. You can freely download and try all the demos on that site. Check them out.
QUOTE Thanks
starwarsluvur

starwarsluvur is on a distinguished road

Hey,
For anybody else wondering, I just want to clarify on OP's question.

I think that the user was talking about the pre-packaged instruments missing, in which case, if you go to Logic Pro X>Download Additional Content...> You should be able to download instruments such as the timpani that you were referring to.

I know this topic is probably really old, but I just wanted to verify for anyone having the same issue and coming here.

Also, as far as free instruments go, you can always download Kontakt. Just plug that up through logic and download VSTs designed for Kontakt and you'll have a wide variety of stuff to choose from.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Simple xcode questions | oulook for mac 2011 »