New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Text box linking on latest version of Pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPad-hubby

iPad-hubby is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 2.7G i5 + iPad2 and Broadband like something out of the 'Flintstones'!

Management has now bought herself an iMac and is trying to produce a small newsletter for her club and cannot find how to link text boxes in order to overflow text article from one page to another. Have searched web but cannot find how to do it. On a previous version I had on my iMac I had little blue arrows on the text boxes but can't find them on the latest version.....help is needed to restore household harmony!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

What software is management using? I think that's sorta important so we can help restore domestic harmony.
QUOTE Thanks
iPad-hubby

Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 2.7G i5 + iPad2 and Broadband like something out of the 'Flintstones'!

She's using the latest Pages 5 (free with new iMac and Mavericks) . She had seen the text box linking on my earlier version and was well pi**ed off when it wasn't on the new version and as hers is a brand new iMac it doesn't have the earlier version on it to revert to.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold

Well, if it was there in the older Pages, just use that. When the new Pages installed, it should have created a folder in Applications called iWork '09 and in there should be Pages 4.3. Apple recreated Pages from the ground up for Mavericks and realized that they would not have some features in it that people used, so they preserved 4.x for users this way.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPad-hubby View Post
She's using the latest Pages 5 (free with new iMac and Mavericks) . She had seen the text box linking on my earlier version and was well pi**ed off when it wasn't on the new version and as hers is a brand new iMac it doesn't have the earlier version on it to revert to.
Apple has completely re-worked Pages almost to the point where it's a brand new app. Unless she has access to the older version, the text box flow is gone; that and scripting among other things. Whether Apple restores some of those options in future updates to Pages 5 remains to be seen.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

If the older version isn't on HER iMac, but it is on yours, you could, I suppose, in an emergency, if you had to, and only in the interest of domestic tranquility, perhaps, maybe, allow her to use yours to create the document?
QUOTE Thanks
iPad-hubby

Thanks for that 'chscag', we'll just have to hope Apple restore it.

'Jake', SOME things are sacred!!.....she'll just have to find a way around it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari 7 won't remember my Mac-Forums username and password | Accidentally deleted Apple Loops folder. »