New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with Calendar on iOS 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

curly0107

curly0107 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2012 21.5" iMac. Mavericks . 1TB HD. 8GB Memory. 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Ipad Air 64GB , iPhone 4s

My calendar on my Mac doesn't sync with calendar on iPhone 4 AND iPad Air. What is the trick to this ? Also, when I connected both phone and iPad to iTunes it said I was not authorised and I had to log on to authorise ! This has never happened before. Is there something I have done wrong that has caused this ? I am not doing anything I don't usually do. Weird. Help !!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You need to ensure that the Apple ID you use for iCloud on your Mac and on your iDevices is the same and that each device has calendar marked to sync in the iCloud preferences

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

Mac Specs: 2012 21.5" iMac. Mavericks . 1TB HD. 8GB Memory. 2.9GHz Intel Core i5, Ipad Air 64GB , iPhone 4s

I don't store anything in the Cloud, but I do have 2 iTunes accounts. If I put an entry on my Mac it enters it twice on my iPad, but not at all on my phone ! Never used to do that - just since I bought my iPad Air.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

The simplest and fastest way to sync calendars across your devices is via iCloud.

So, currently, you sync them by syncing with iTunes?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

Yes, I do sync with iTunes. I don't have anything in the Cloud. Is it easy to do this ? I don't want to mess up !!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Backup everything before you start.

On your Mac - System Preferences - iCloud

GIve it a few minutes. Log into iCloud.com in Safari (with the same Apple ID) and you should see your calendars events in the iCloud calendar.

Now on your iPhone and iPad go to Settings - iCloud (log in with the same credentials) - switch on calendars.

Now all your devices will stay in sync.

QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

Tried to log into iCloud with my iTunes account but it won't let me. Same for both iTunes accounts.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Are those accounts functional? I.e. you can log into the Mac App store and the iTunes store make purchases?

What do you mean exactly when you say "it won't let me"? Are you getting an error message?

QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

Yes, they are both functional. Am I able to combine both accounts ? I hope so, but I must admit I don't understand all this. I am an oldy - but a goody !!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

No, you can't combine accounts.

If you have a working Apple ID then you should be able to log into iCloud with it. Do you get and error message when you try to log in?

QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

Now I can't find iCloud in my list of apps ! Disappeared.
QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

This is the message I get when I try to log in to iCloud - " An Apple ID that is an email address is required to use iCloud. If you have an iCloud account, sign in using that email address. " Both my accounts don't have my email address as the ID. What can I do now ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

You can create an iCloud account purely for syncing.

QUOTE Thanks
curly0107

sorry for the dumb question but how do I do this ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

There are many ways but for simplicity I'd go onto your iPad.

Settings - iCloud and create one from there

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Genymotion Failed to import OVA | Drawing program for Macs »