New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Email tracking for a MAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BladesMac

BladesMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13 2.5 ghz I5 8g OS X Mavericks : iMac 27" Late 2012

I looked for this topic prior to posting. Sorry if I may have missed it.
I have a few people I send emails to on a regular basic that say that they did not see or open an email from me. I find this hard to believe since these individuals are tech savvy folks and live inside their email client. I am willing to pay for an email tracker application or code that will either confirm or deny that these emails are being opened. I know that direct marketing companies have this ability. Any ideas ?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

What you want is "delivery and read confirmation". The problem with this is that it's not implemented universally. Even if you got an email client that supported it, the people you send to may not have an email client that supports it. Even if they did, in many cases that feature can be disabled.

Direct marketing companies manage this by embedding HTML code that has a referer id tied to each recipient's email address. Or something like that. The recipient clicks on a link with that code and BAM! They know who clicked it. I think the same thing can happen if you allow your email client to load remote images. This is all a highly automated process and not something you will find in consumer email software.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
BladesMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
This is all a highly automated process and not something you will find in consumer email software.
Thanks. I had a guy call me 10 minutes after I opened an email that he sent me and wanted to know what I thought of his proposal. He told me he saw that I opened it and I did not even click a link within it.

I would love to have the same technology. I will ask him what he used.

Iphone 5, Ipad 1, Apple TV, Macbook Pro 13 july 2012, Ipod Touch4, iMac 27 late 2012
I choose to live in the Apple Matrix
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesMac View Post
Thanks. I had a guy call me 10 minutes after I opened an email that he sent me and wanted to know what I thought of his proposal. He told me he saw that I opened it and I did not even click a link within it.

I would love to have the same technology. I will ask him what he used.
In that case, what you are using now supports read confirmation (receipts). What are you using?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
BladesMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
In that case, what you are using now supports read confirmation (receipts). What are you using?
The email host is from Smarter Tools called Smarter mail. I send from my Mac mail and have it default to leave through Smarter mail. I do use gmail and yahoo but those accounts aren't for work.

Iphone 5, Ipad 1, Apple TV, Macbook Pro 13 july 2012, Ipod Touch4, iMac 27 late 2012
I choose to live in the Apple Matrix
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommended OS X Business/Productivity Apps | Outlook for Mac Copy and Paste »