Wifi Mapping App?
    Is anyone familiar with a good wifi mapping app? I have set up wifi over a large area of coverage with two time capsules and two airport expresses. I would like to map out the coverage for each 'station' to ensure they are all appropriately placed to ensure full coverage and maximum efficiency. My coworker has a couple of different ones on his android which we have used and I've tried to find one in the App Store but can't find one.

Thanks a bunch

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Wow thanks for the quick reply. The Mac App Store wouldn't work because I would need portability to map out the area and test network strength, ie my ipad. Have you tried the first choice you linked? Any comments on it, will it fill my noted needs?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    No i haven't used it personally, but it does say Displays the current mapping of IP addresses to hardware (MAC) addresses. as well as
    interface
    • All network interfaces on your device
    • Network statistics updated in real time
    • Current WiFi and WWAN IP Address
    • WiFi SSID and BSSID

So to me, that says that it gives you a whole look at your WHOLE network and should do what you need. IT Tools has 5 Stars on the iTunes store so it is good at what it does, but for $4 its worth the try. Dang i would even gift it to you if $ was the problem

When you say the 2nd link wouldn't work, i presume that means you have a iMac, as that would be perfect for your need, if you had a portable.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

You guessed right, can't be hauling my 27" iMac all over the compound and don't have a laptop currently

I will give that first one a try, thanks!

Silicon Valley, SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Mid-2009) 2.53 GHz, 8 GB, 1 TB iPad 1 Wi-Fi iPad 3 Verizon 4G LTE
    I'm wondering why there is no wifi mapping app for iOS.
    Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of any post, next to permalink. Spread the karma!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Wifi scanners/sniffers (signal strength, SSIDs etc) used to be allowed on the app store but all were withdrawn several months ago.

If you do have a friend with a MacBook that Netspot app works very well.

The other, less scientific method, would be to use a speedtest app at various points around the house. You could also forge the network on your iPad and then try to join it from various points around the place.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information