New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Idea knot substitute needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walky

walky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac

Does anyone know of a software that does the same as. Idea knot? I used it for years! Non I ugraded to mountain lion and it is not compatible any more. I would settle for a software that would read the files i created. Thank you all for your inputs.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

For an app that hasn't been touched by it's own developer in 9 years - you may want to state what this app does in order to get some advice about what apps could be a replacement. Not too many folks are going to take the time to go look it up to see what it is.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
walky

I was wishing for any faithful user that did find a substitute for it. Up till yesterday when i quit using 10.6.8 i was able to use it.
Their last upgrade was working fine so it needed no upgrade, just a compatibility upgrade. It is a simple application was designed to be simple and productive from the start What i liked is that you post entries in different categories. They are TXT , great to jot down ideas for projects, books, etc. the best feature though, is that it is able to combine all entries in one file for export. Imagine you have chapters of a book you work individually on, then decide to combine them on one step to have the complete work in one file. That is what i am looking for.

You could have a great category for Book, project X, etc and within them chapters or entries. Then you could combine one great category into one file.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Unfortunately, it's a PPC coded app and one that's very old. PPC coded apps will not work in any version of OS X after Snow Leopard. Find a substitute is the best advice we can give you.
QUOTE Thanks
walky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Unfortunately, it's a PPC coded app and one that's very old. PPC coded apps will not work in any version of OS X after Snow Leopard. Find a substitute is the best advice we can give you.
I hear you... Looking around today the most likely similar product has been Scrivener, so far. Makes the compiling but has too many features for me, a lighter version of Scrivener would be the ideal solution for me, so if anyone knows about it, l just hope you can post your suggestions here and i will be very grateful.

p
Also, what software could read the files written by IdIea knot? It hink this is a super flaw of all softwares. Their files should be available to basic types of formats after the program is no longer supported. Which is why the compiling is great, since it saved in TXT. Scrivener apparently saves the compilation in several formats, which is great, but still looking for a simpler program.

Also, i am not a professional writer, so i don't need so many features, but i do write a lot of things for myself.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Scrivener is a great app but is primarily a word processor for aspiring writers. However, for your use, it may be overkill. Why not just use TextEdit since it has no problem reading and saving text files. It will also open MS Word files.

Also, you might want to access the Mac App store and browse around to see what's available.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Movies from iCloud won't play on iTunes | Iracing on-line racing simulation »