New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Beamer is Failing !!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

elpepo

elpepo can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -

Does anybody is having problems ??
It freezes every 10 seconds. Any solutions?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

What is Beamer? What is freezing? Without DETAILED information about your setup, you are not going to get any helpful answers..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That's what a BMW, right?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
elpepo

Mac Specs: Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
What is Beamer? What is freezing? Without DETAILED information about your setup, you are not going to get any helpful answers..
Beamer is an app that runs on mac, stream any video files wirelessly to apple tv !
Freezes ( doesn´t play videos smoothly, stops every 2 minutes )

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Thread moved to better sub-forum.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

OK, that helps a little bit..

What Mac? What version of OS X? How long has this issue been going on? Have you tried re-installing? Is your version of OS X supported by Beamer? Are you running the latest version? If this is a paid app, have you tried contacted the vendor?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

From the Beamer FAQ:

Quote:
A movie plays, but stops to load sometimes. How can this be fixed?

Try to restart your router and your Mac’s Wi-Fi. If that doesn’t help, the movie file may be too large to process fast enough on your Mac. We will keep improving compatibility in future updates.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
elpepo

Thanks a lot for your interest. !
I´m sharing this helpful e-mail that beamer´s staff replied me back ...

November 23,2013

We haven’t heard about problems that started under OS X Mavericks, but we have seen a bunch of problems that started with the recent Apple TV software update, which happened around the same time as the Mavericks release. Apple has since released another Apple TV software update, which should solve some of these problems.

Could you please make sure that you’re running the latest Apple TV software? To check this, go to the settings screen and select “General”, “Software Updates”, then “Update Software”. If your software is already up to date, please restart your Apple TV. If that doesn’t help, try if it helps to reset your Apple TV. To do that, go to the settings screen and select “General”, then “Reset”.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpepo View Post
Thanks a lot for your interest. !
I´m sharing this helpful e-mail that beamer´s staff replied me back ...

November 23,2013

We haven’t heard about problems that started under OS X Mavericks, but we have seen a bunch of problems that started with the recent Apple TV software update, which happened around the same time as the Mavericks release. Apple has since released another Apple TV software update, which should solve some of these problems.

Could you please make sure that you’re running the latest Apple TV software? To check this, go to the settings screen and select “General”, “Software Updates”, then “Update Software”. If your software is already up to date, please restart your Apple TV. If that doesn’t help, try if it helps to reset your Apple TV. To do that, go to the settings screen and select “General”, then “Reset”.

thanks
It's great that you shared this with us. But the message from the "Beamer" folks mentions:

- Something about Mavericks (OS 10.9). You never told us what OS version your computer is running.
- What software version your Apple TV is running (if it's up to date).
- If you restarted your Apple TV (as the Beamer folks suggested).

You really have not told us enough to help you so far...and you haven't told us if you tried/followed what the Beamer folks suggested.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
elpepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
It's great that you shared this with us. But the message from the "Beamer" folks mentions:

- Something about Mavericks (OS 10.9). You never told us what OS version your computer is running.
- What software version your Apple TV is running (if it's up to date).
- If you restarted your Apple TV (as the Beamer folks suggested).

You really have not told us enough to help you so far...and you haven't told us if you tried/followed what the Beamer folks suggested.

- Nick
Hi Nick, i did everything they´ve said , it improved a little bit, but still have problems
(this problems appeared after i updated to mavericks os x 10.9)
i got a macbook 2008, 2ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 750 gb, the latest apple tv version
i restarted my apple tv and router wifi also.

when i bought beamer everything was fine, it didn't freeze at all, but suddenly since i updated to mavericks, everything went wrong.

:-/
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Perhaps the best move would be to roll back to your earlier version of OS X that worked prior to the Mavericks update, while the vendor works on Mavericks compatibility. You should be able to do this via the backup you made prior to updating (you did back up, right?).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Just to eliminate one more thing in troubleshooting have you checked the files? Are the files you are having problems with now ones that have worked in the past?

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpepo View Post

when i bought beamer everything was fine, it didn't freeze at all, but suddenly since i updated to mavericks, everything went wrong.

:-/
If this "Beamer Stuff" is very important (more important that your other computing tasks)...I would definitely do what "cwa107" advised...and downgrade back to an OS version when everything was fine.

This is one problem folks run into sometimes when upgrading their computers OS. Sometimes the hardware & software folks have installed isn't always 100% compatible with the new OS version.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't change iTunes store location due to imaginary movie rentals | Fill Command »