New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't change iTunes store location due to imaginary movie rentals

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Trolle

Trolle is on a distinguished road

I live in 2 countries: US and Denmark.

My AppleID is tied to my US life. Now I want to change my iTunes store location so I can download an app from the Danish iTunes store (related to the country's postal system).

I go into the Settings and want to change the country but it says I can't because I have movie rentals that haven't expired yet. I get the whole geographic-location-movie-rental issue but the thing I watched all the movies I rented a few days ago. In iTunes it does not list the movies so I can't even delete them.

Anybody know a good way to deal with this?

15" MBP, 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.3
iPod Classic (7th generation)
iPad Mini, 64GB Cellular (1st generation), iOS 6.0.2
iPhone 5
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolle View Post
I live in 2 countries: US and Denmark.

My AppleID is tied to my US life. Now I want to change my iTunes store location so I can download an app from the Danish iTunes store (related to the country's postal system).

I go into the Settings and want to change the country but it says I can't because I have movie rentals that haven't expired yet. I get the whole geographic-location-movie-rental issue but the thing I watched all the movies I rented a few days ago. In iTunes it does not list the movies so I can't even delete them.

Anybody know a good way to deal with this?
Create a 2nd Apple ID that is tied to your Danish life. Problem (should be) solved.
QUOTE Thanks
Trolle

Then I have to constantly log in and out…Apple offers a solution but it doesn't work.

Plus, what if I visit another country, need an app from the local store, and can't get it. I would be drowning in id's if that were the case.

iPhone 5
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Check to see if the movies are still currently present on your machine. Look in your iTunes folder (the Movies folder) and if they're there, delete them.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Trolle

That's the thing…I check that immediately and there were no movies. I DID rent some last week, but watched them and now they don't show up in iTunes.

So…I am wondering if I try again in about 1 month it will allow me to switch Apple Store locations. I would have thought that since I watched the movies Apple would know this and allow me to switch stores.

iPhone 5
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I found a brief note in Apple's forums regarding the problem. Movie rentals expire after 30 days and you cannot change your "country" until then.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/20029737#20029737

Now... once you've STARTED watching a rented movie, it should expire automatically after 48 hours, wholly watched or not. In another forum, I found some other tips. Other things that can trip you up are iTunes Match subscriptions and incomplete season passes for TV shows.
Switching an iTunes Store account to a different country | iLounge Article

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FCP 7, XDCAM files and missing codec (after update) | Beamer is Failing !!! »