New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

old macbook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Annie524

Annie524 is on a distinguished road

I'm now worried this is opening a can of worms that I knew was on the horizon. My macbook pro is 4 years old. I love my old Illustrator 10 and my old (now not functioning PSE6) Uggh - I don't want to have to buy all new products!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What's your question Annie? Are you saying that you just updated OS X and now some of your applications no longer work? Any apps that use PPC code will not work in Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks. Snow Leopard is the last version of OS X that supports apps using PPC code.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

After reading your post...I'm not sure if you were expecting a response...or if you're just venting!

- no questions
- no hardware spec info
- no OS info

????

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
GeoFan49

GeoFan49 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Mid-2009) 2.53 GHz, 8 GB, 1 TB iPad 1 Wi-Fi iPad 3 Verizon 4G LTE

I've just upgraded my "old" MacBook Pro (mid-2009, 15-inch) with 8GB RAM, $82, and 1TB internal drive, 7200 RPM, $98, and replaced one damaged key, $7. It is a lot peppier now. Feels like a new machine. Looking at a new batteriy... $120. for 72Wh.

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of any post, next to permalink. Spread the karma!
QUOTE Thanks
alicepattinson

alicepattinson is on a distinguished road

Annie are you saying that your old MBP is not functioning? That you have to buy new parts or what?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoFan49 View Post
I've just upgraded my "old" MacBook Pro (mid-2009, 15-inch) with 8GB RAM, $82, and 1TB internal drive, 7200 RPM, $98, and replaced one damaged key, $7. It is a lot peppier now. Feels like a new machine. Looking at a new batteriy... $120. for 72Wh.
As I mentioned in your other thread. It's a little bit early to be bragging about all of these upgrades...when you also have that Finder running at 91% of cpu resources issue.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Annie524

Annie524 is on a distinguished road

Sorry - I had originally posted a question about PSE 6 crashing and I posted this "reply" which I thought would be attached to that thread but instead it started a new thread. That other question ended up on the Operating System forum and I have had some responses.

Yesterday my PSE6 got stuck opening with just a blank white registration box.
I'm going to attempt reinstalling.

My specs OS10.6.8
Processor 2.26 GHx Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

I've been perfectly happy with PSE6 and Illustrator 10 - they do all that I need for my work - but I feel like I am "on the edge" with all this old stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote updates. | Which Duplicate File Program? »