Unhappy No Textbox links in Pages 5
    In Pages 4.3 I could produce A5 booklets by linking text boxes that allowed the text to overflow seamlessly between pages. It appears that this facility has been dropped from Pages 5 as not only do my booklet templates appear with the words that the links have been removed but also there is nothing in the relatively unhelpful help menu relating to linking the boxes.:

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Apple made considerable changes with the latest update to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote to bring them more in line with the iOS versions. I've seen numerous complaints about it here and another forum that I visit on occasion. You should still have Pages 4.3 on your machine unless you removed it. Go back to using that version until Apple fixes things in version 5.0.

Thanks I'll do that. I expected some decent templates as well but it appears that the new Pages (the only upgrade I've tried so far) is all flash & little substance as there are no real page related templates - i.e. ones that produce book/lets

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Basically, Apple started over and rewrote Pages for 64-bit and web version/iOS version compatibility. The features will come back, but it will take a while (see: OS 9 to OS X, iMovie 06 to iMovie 07, Final Cut Studio to Final Cut Pro X, and so on).

This is a thing Apple does sometimes. Ultimately you get a much better product, but it can certainly be annoying. Luckily, the old Pages (etc) are still there, so stick with that for the time being.

Thread Information