New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

I wish to know, thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mihail

mihail is on a distinguished road

I have a iMac 10.6.8. which version iPhoto should I purchase? Thanks. Mihail
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

The one that comes up when you open the Mac App Store which should be in your Dock. When open, search for iPhoto and then buy it and you should be right to go. Then as you upgrade your OS, iPhoto will update as you go.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The one that's currently in the Mac App store (iPhoto 11) requires that you be using Mavericks, OS X 10.9. Since you have Snow Leopard, you'll need to find an older version of iPhoto that will work. Off hand I don't remember which one will work with Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The one that's currently in the Mac App store (iPhoto 11) requires that you be using Mavericks, OS X 10.9. Since you have Snow Leopard, you'll need to find an older version of iPhoto that will work. Off hand I don't remember which one will work with Snow Leopard.
Thats interesting to say the least Charlie, as the way i thought things would go, is because he has 10.6.8 the first version of the MAS, i would of thought, that whatever was on the MAS would be that, that is compatible with 10.6.8 and below, then being iPhoto '09' and i thought this would of been for all the Apps.
For some bizarre reason, this is the thoughts i had in my head and that was how MAS was set up. Obviously not

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I'm confused. I didn't have to purchase iPhoto separately. It came pre-loaded when I bought the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
Off hand I don't remember which one will work with Snow Leopard.
iPhoto 09, v8.1.2 works fine with Snow Leopard. You can get it with iLife09 from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB966Z-A...ywords=life+09

Quote:
I'm confused. I didn't have to purchase iPhoto separately. It came pre-loaded when I bought the computer.
Yes, it should have done. Perhaps it's secondhand and the previous owner deleted it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPhoto No Longer Exports?! | Very simple mail question »