New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari - Top sites

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joncon

Joncon is on a distinguished road

I am using safari 7.0, does anyone know if it's possible to set your own top sites and make them permanent?

i.e not subject to change.

It would be handy to have all the home pages of my favourite sites come up on this.

Thanks,

Jonny
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

I don't think so. What you're describing is Bookmarks - things you always want easy access to.
But Top Sites is set up to display the sites you actually visit most often. I never liked the concept, and thus have banished it.
QUOTE Thanks
Joncon

That's disappointing. Top sites are more aesthetically pleasing than bookmarks so it would have been nice to get that function from them!

Thanks for your response

Jonny

MacBook Pro 13" 2.5GHz i5 / iPhone 5 16GB
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Isn't there some kind of extension that lets you see thumbnails of your bookmarks? Might want to check that out.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Joncon

Can't believe I missed this. If you hover your mouse over a top site icon you can 'pin it' in order to make it a permanent top site, problem solved!

Thanks for the responses guys.

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Glad you made that discovery. I guess you and one other guy use Top Sites.
QUOTE Thanks
Joncon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Isn't there some kind of extension that lets you see thumbnails of your bookmarks? Might want to check that out.
Yeah you can drag bookmarks on to your top sites page which makes it a permanent top site.

toMACsh, all the cool kids use top sites

QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Guess I'm not cool. Firefox has a similar feature - second thing I turned off.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joncon View Post
toMACsh, all the cool kids use top sites
So that's it: Top Sites was developed for kids!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple MAIL— Syncing between devices | Pause function in iTunes 11 suddenly inaccurate »