New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't search bookmarks in Safari 6.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Riqiv

Riqiv is on a distinguished road

Safari 6.1 doesn't let me "Show in Collections" any Bookmarks?

Am I missing something or has Apple removed this ability?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

???

Screenshot would help.

To search Bookmarks, you would click on the open book icon at the left side of the bookmarks bar, select the bookmarks tab and type in the search field.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Riqiv

Thank you for your response Admin. I haven’t explained things very clearly so forgive me.

A screenshot is attached.

I am talking about right-click on the search and getting "Show in Collections".

For instance, in the screenshot I am looking for "MisterArt.com" (Red Oval) but I've forgotten that particular website.

I know it's a Folder with "Judy Greene Music" (Green Oval) but I have forgotten the Folder it's in (in this case, it's in "Score Paper" Folder in "Purple Oval").

I used to have Bookmarks open, press Cmmd + "F", search for "Judy Greene Music" and be able to right-click on the search and use "Show in Collections" and it would find the exact Bookmark "Judy Greene Music" in the Folder (of which I have hundreds) called "Score Paper" so I could find "MisterArt.com".

Does anyone know if that capacity still exists?
Attached Images
File Type: png Search.png (501.7 KB, 7 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Riqiv

Someone in MacRumors suggested:
If you go to the Bookmark menu, and select Edit Bookmarks, you get a similar view to the old bookmark window. Command-F does allow you to search. You won't see the usual search bar, but typing filters the results as you'd expect. This seems buggy and may get removed (or fixed) in a future update, but for right now it more or less works.
======
After a little research I replied:
Thank you!

Edit Bookmarks and in the lower right-hand corner is a Window for "Search Bookmarks".

Search for your subject and right-click on the search found and you get "Show in Collections"!!!

(See screenshot.)

It's still there but Apple has cleverly hid it . . . that was sarcasm
Attached Images
File Type: png Show in Collections.png (158.3 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Onyx Ready For Download | Is my machine fast enough ? »