New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

TokenLock - use USB or Bluetooth device to lock Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maccabee

Maccabee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 MacBook Air (13") w/ max specs

I don't work for the company, nor has anyone asked me to make this recommendation, nor do I have anything to gain from writing his post.

TokenLock (Apple Store) is useful for any user who wants his/her computer to lock automatically when the user leaves the room.

It can be configured to lock/unlock in response to the proximity of the user's cell phone. If the Bluetooth signal strength threshold (in TokenLock) is set to 75% or so, the computer will lock if the cellphone is 10 feet or more away... and unlock when it is closer than 10 feet. It has other features that you may wish to explore; for instance, the ability to use a USB thumb drive as a key.

I find it infinitely superior to Rohos LogonKey and ProteMac LogonKey. It is also much less expensive.
QUOTE Thanks
joelw135

joelw135 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee View Post
I don't work for the company, nor has anyone asked me to make this recommendation, nor do I have anything to gain from writing his post.

TokenLock (Apple Store) is useful for any user who wants his/her computer to lock automatically when the user leaves the room.

It can be configured to lock/unlock in response to the proximity of the user's cell phone. If the Bluetooth signal strength threshold (in TokenLock) is set to 75% or so, the computer will lock if the cellphone is 10 feet or more away... and unlock when it is closer than 10 feet. It has other features that you may wish to explore; for instance, the ability to use a USB thumb drive as a key.

I find it infinitely superior to Rohos LogonKey and ProteMac LogonKey. It is also much less expensive.
I am using it also. but my iPhone signal is so strong the TokenLock will any ideas. Or is there another device I can use instead of the iPhone 5s?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes and iBook sync problem | Chas 1up on Van? Speech recognition hack turns Google Chrome into a bugging Device !! »