New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Onyx Ready For Download

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CPulsar

CPulsar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi

I saw that Onyx for Mavericks is ready for download.

Click Here!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Thanks for the heads up. I had checked around a day ago and it still was not available. Good news and thanks for sharing.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Thread moved. Not an "iOS and Apps" topic.

Thanks for understanding.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
CPulsar

CPulsar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
thread moved. Not an "ios and apps" topic.

- nick
np!
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPulsar View Post
I saw that Onyx for Mavericks is ready for download.

Click Here!
Just tried downloading Onyx for Mavericks. A got a popup saying that Safari wouldn't open from an unidentified developer. What gives? Any ideas?

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Firesidedog, it sounds like you have Safari set to open downloads. That can be QUITE dangerous. If I were you I would turn it off. It's in Safari preferences, General. Uncheck open SAFE files. It will also open any malware thus the warning to turn it off.

The not open thing is part of Gatekeeper. Go to the file and right click and then on open and you will get another warning, just go ok and it will open.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Thread moved. Not an "iOS and Apps" topic.

- Nick
OOps! Me bad! I went to get the file and did not even check the thread!
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Firesidedog, it sound like you have Safari set to open downloads. That can be QUITE dangerous. If I were you I would turn it off. It's in Safari preferences, General. Uncheck open SAFE files. It will also open any malware thus the warning to turn it off.

The not open thing is part of Gatekeeper. Go to the file and right click and then on open and you will get another warning, just go ok and it will open.
Actually I do have it unchecked. I learned this some time ago from the forums. When you say file do you mean the dmg?

Mahatma Gandhi
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

I figured it out. Thanks.

Mahatma Gandhi
QUOTE Thanks
PLUMMER

PLUMMER is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8

thanks for the tip on safari.

MBP 5,1 ~ 2.4 Duo ~ 8gig RAM 1066mhz ~ Crucial 120gbSSD ~ Mavericks ~ Airport Extreme Time Capsule
3rd Gen 16gig iPad
iPhone 4 & 5c Lots to learn on syncing and control
QUOTE Thanks
MacGandalf

MacGandalf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7, iPhone5, iPad4, Apple tv3, iPod5

Having downloaded Onyx, installing and allowing Gatekeeper permission I opened it and it reported that my Macintosh HD needed repairing and to reboot using cmd R. I verified and repaired Permissions and then verified and repaired Disk. I still says my disk needs repairing - I have gone through this procedure 3 times now and this message keeps appearing.
Anyone else getting this or similar?

Cheers .......

MacGandalf: Have waited all my life for a woman with a sword to come rescue me!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesidedog View Post
Actually I do have it unchecked. I learned this some time ago from the forums. When you say file do you mean the dmg?
Glad you got it sorted. Why I said that about Safari was in your OP you said Safari was giving you that message! Glad you have that unchecked.

For others here, The DMG opened fine and I copied Onyx to my utilities folder where I keep Onyx. Then if you click it you get the Unidentified developer message. RIGHT click on Onyx and on Open and agree and it will open.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGandalf View Post
Having downloaded Onyx, installing and allowing Gatekeeper permission I opened it and it reported that my Macintosh HD needed repairing and to reboot using cmd R. I verified and repaired Permissions and then verified and repaired Disk. I still says my disk needs repairing - I have gone through this procedure 3 times now and this message keeps appearing.

Cheers .......
So far on the iMac it went through all the SMART and verify of the hard drive. You might boot with your OSX installer and run Disk Utility from there and have it repair. See if that works.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGandalf View Post
If you're talking about having to do muiltiple permissions repairs...and some permissions just seem to resist being repaired...I wouldn't worry about it very much. I've run into this as well...and I don't have a good answer. 99% of the permissions were repaired...and in the future permissions will need to be repaired again (if you choose to repair them).

It's an endless process. Staying zero "repair permissions free" is not a situation that lasts very long (even if achievable). Thus this is why I say don't be concerned about it.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

The message he posted from Onyx sounds more like other issues on the drive and not permissions. Running DU from the Command+R will tell us more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Java and Gradebook | Can't search bookmarks in Safari 6.1 »