Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Apps and Games (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/)
-   -   Calendar sync conundrum after Mavericks upgrade (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/305031-calendar-sync-conundrum-after-mavericks-upgrade.html)

badshoehabit 10-30-2013 12:26 PM

Calendar sync conundrum after Mavericks upgrade

Upgraded to Mavericks last week and like many of the refinements. However, I find that Syncmate, which I used for syncing calendar and contacts with my Samsung phone and tablet, is not compatible with iCal 7. In trying to sync, all existing calendar entries on the phone and tablet have been wiped! See: http://blog.sync-mac.com

I tried setting up sync with Google calendar but the old system of nominating an account and the web doing the business is also not compatible with iCal 7.

Apparently you now have to sync via iCloud but here's the problem: I get a message saying 'account limit reached'. I appear to have 2 computers registered which would be the original MacBook Pro plus the 'new' one which is actually the same notebook which had a new logic board fitted earlier this year. If I deauthorise both of these (you can't choose just one), will I get to play with iCloud again?

Any answers out there?

mrplow 10-31-2013 03:33 AM

I don't know syncmate at all. Perhaps an email to the developer re: Mavericks compatibility?
But Google calendar and contacts sync work fine under Mavericks.
Google Sync

I use it daily and it's worked on Mountain Lion and still does under Mavericks.

RE: iCloud
When do you get the account limit message? You can use multiple devices on one iCloud account (i have my Mac, iPhone and iPad) that's not a problem. But I wonder if you're out of space?

badshoehabit 10-31-2013 10:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your reply.

The link I included shows the state of play with Syncmate - See: SyncMate Team blog

I have google calendar on the list under accounts - no sign of any syncing with my desktop iCal dates. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have barely used iCloud so it cannot be full. Message comes up when I try to sign in.

I downloaded the google calendar app for my phone and tablet. Syncing on tablet but not phone. Lost in space...

'Live' screenshots of both calendars on Mac

badshoehabit 10-31-2013 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
google calendar - empty

mrplow 10-31-2013 10:46 AM

Have you run through the Calendar sync info I linked to?
Remove you existing google settings and start afresh.

Your iCloud issue normally means the maximum of 3 free iCloud accounts have been created for that machine. Your should, however, still be able to use one of those accounts. That aside iCloud is a red herring as it is for syncing Apple devices. Google calendar sync is the way forward.

badshoehabit 10-31-2013 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had followed those instructions on the link already but have re-done it - still no sync on Macbook.

What i was hoping was that iCal would replicate in the google calendar then I could access the google calendar from tab/phone.

mrplow 10-31-2013 12:19 PM

That's exactly what happens, being using it for ages. I'll have another think about what could be different.

Do you still have syncmate installed?

badshoehabit 10-31-2013 12:35 PM

I do still have Syncmate but I can delete and re-install in the future if they manage to sort out compatibility. It is a download, not a web-based sync - you manually sync to/from Mac.

Thanks again for your time.

mrplow 10-31-2013 07:29 PM

I think I'd start by uninstalling syncmate.
Does your phone and google calendar sync ok?

badshoehabit 11-01-2013 02:02 PM

Uninstalled, redid google calendar with googlemail instead of gmail. Rebooted - a big fat nowt!

LATER Put two new events in iCal and they have replicated on the phone, but not the tablet. The tablet has all previously entered future events, the phone none of these.

mrplow 11-02-2013 02:59 PM

So does the phone syncoth ways via google calendar to iCal ok now?

badshoehabit 11-02-2013 06:07 PM

Nope. Tried entering further events in iCal - no replication and one of the others which had gone on the phone disappeared. Nothing synced to the tablet.