New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Using Mavericks with Outlook.com account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

For the record:

• I can use my Outlook.com on iOS, and therefore use Reminders, Calendar, and Mail with it.

So how can I in OS X Mavericks? I've gone through the Internet Accounts preference pane and have had no success.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

How have you tried thus far? From the looks of it, Outlook.com uses Exchange so you may want to try that if you haven't already.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
How have you tried thus far? From the looks of it, Outlook.com uses Exchange so you may want to try that if you haven't already.
Tried the Exchange option. No go.

QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Try this,
Configure Outlook.com IMAP in Apple Mail & Microsoft Outlook | Mactuts+

Scroll down to "Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011"

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Try this,
Configure Outlook.com IMAP in Apple Mail & Microsoft Outlook | Mactuts+

Scroll down to "Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011"
I have Office 2011 and I was told I had to purchase a second product key to use Outlook...if that's not true, I have no idea where the heck my product key is. My copy of Office 2011 was a digital download.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Depends on which version of Office 2011 you purchased. If you purchased the Home and Student version (less expensive) it did not come with Outlook and yes, you would need to buy it. The more expensive version of Office 2011 (Business) includes Outlook.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Depends on which version of Office 2011 you purchased. If you purchased the Home and Student version (less expensive) it did not come with Outlook and yes, you would need to buy it. The more expensive version of Office 2011 (Business) includes Outlook.
It is H&S Edition...

...hmmm...

So is there any other way to have Outlook.com features on my Mac?

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
So is there any other way to have Outlook.com features on my Mac?
Not that I know of. And this is just my opinion... as dysfunctional as Mac Outlook 2011 is, I would not want to use it. (And yes, I have a copy with my Office 2011 but I have not installed it.) Outlook for Windows is a whole different enchilada as it actually works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Very simple mail question | Amazon cloud player to itunes »