New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

business cards

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mastermom

mastermom is on a distinguished road

I'm designing a business card using a photo and need guidance regarding sizing of photo and how to copy the card once finished.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Ok...sounds great. Now how about telling us what application/applications you are using to create these business cards.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thread moved to more appropriate sub-forum. Not really a "Switcher Hangout" topic.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

Thanks, Nick. I'm using OS10, Pages.

What I really need to know is how to size proportionately the picture I wish to use on the 2 x 3 card. I want the picture to cover the entire card but when I go to size it to fit, there are margins, either at the top, bottom or sides. I think I need to use the 'mask' feature, but I'm not clear on how to use it.

Also, how can I copy the finished card (image with text) onto the other nine blank rectangles? Copy and paste doesn't do it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I should say I'm not terribly literate when it comes to computers, but I'm learning, and it's fun.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermom View Post
Thanks, Nick. I'm using OS10, Pages.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I should say I'm not terribly literate when it comes to computers, but I'm learning, and it's fun.
Thanks for that information...I'm sure it will help. I don't use Pages very often...but I bet someone else here does & will be able to answer your question.

By the way...yes you are using OS 10...but OS 10 (OS 10.0) was released way back in 2001. I'm betting that you're using an OS X version much newer...like OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, etc.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

Yes, it's 10.7.5.
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

newscribe has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

Hi,

Im using 10.9 but do you mean something like my screen shot? took about 2 minutes to do with pages. I only copied it to 4 cards as an example for you.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 09.37.40.png (516.8 KB, 36 views)
QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

Thank you, newscribe. I'll study the screen capture you sent and see if that process will work for me.

It may be more advanced than I can understand, but I'll give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you're getting borders on the card, it's likely due to the fact that the picture has the wrong proportions. A business card is roughly 9 x 5 (I think) so you'll want the picture to meet those proportions (be 1.8x wider than high).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

If you can find a copy, you might be better off with Avery Design Pro for Mac. I cant find it on the Avery Dennison site but I have a copy so it's got to be there somewhere.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

Thanks, all ... I'll try it all.
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

Hi mastermom,

Can do a short vid walk through for you if you like, but can't do it before Sunday.
QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by newscribe View Post
Hi mastermom,

Can do a short vid walk through for you if you like, but can't do it before Sunday.
newscribe • thanks. This could be fun. Sunday is good for me, however, I believe there is a significant time difference. How would this work?
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

Hi,

Have sent you a private message with Vid link, had a few minuets free this morning. Hope it helps.

Edit:
You may want to turn the sound up as I forgot to do this while recording. Was rushing.
QUOTE Thanks
mastermom

newscribe • unfortunately, I am unable to open the link ... uncertain what to do next.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mavericks-skype will not open | Uninstaling iWorks »