New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Update Access

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

plharg

plharg is on a distinguished road

All of a sudden, although I can access other areas of apple with my ID & password I can not get past where upgrades and updates ask for these items. The dialog window gives the shakes when I try.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

First make sure you can log in to apple.com with your ID.

Then check that your billing details are correct and up to date. I've had this happen where a card had expired and there was an outstanding balance for an app. Updating to the new card details resolved it.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
plharg

plharg is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your inputs but I have a problem differentiating between "Apple ID & password" and Administrators ID and password. It seems when Apple ID is required it works fine, but if it asks for administrator ID and password nothing works. Since the last posting I have found that I cannot open the unlock of the "Lock shown when required to open it.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

That's likely the username and password you use to log onto your Mac

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

As mrplow stated, we're talking about 2 different sets of IDs and passwords.

Apple ID = your iTunes account. You purchase apps and music with this ID and access iCloud and set up Apple Store repair reservations with it. Same one you would use on your iPod Touch or iPhone or iPad.

Administrator ID = the user name and password you used to set up your Mac when you first got it. Your Mac will ask for it when installing software from the web and making system changes to your Mac. You also log into your computer with this ID.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Alternatives to Clean My Mac | Sarari will not open Mac Book pro 10.8.5 MTLion »