New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MS Word Problem Creating Rule Above Text

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PixelMage

PixelMage is on a distinguished road

I am creating a form using Microsoft Word for Mac (2011). It is set up so that the description (first and last name) appears just below a half point rule, Then the user will fill in the answer just about the line. I have several lines with a similar set up. I used the "Border" option to define the color, line thickness and position of the rule (which is above the text). I then added this to my style palette. I have a hard return after each line. What I am finding it that when I apply the style, not all of the lines will display a rule. When I select the line that does not show the line and select the styles palette, the correct style is highlighted.

I also tried to added manual with using the style sheet and the line will not appear above certain lines. This is a random problem with no logical pattern.

What am I missing here? Why will only some lines allow me to add a rule via the Border option and some will not. Another example is if I have two lines of text and the bottom line as the rule. If I try to add a rule above the text on the first line, it removes it from the second line.

I can apply vertical rule to the left and right of the text and a box effect. And if I apply to the rules top and bottom, it will appear. But I only want one rule above the text.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport extreme Internet access to photos, videos, music? | Mail.app and disabling URL interpretation »