New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Best free alternate software for syncing iphones?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MasterShake

MasterShake is on a distinguished road

Okay so I found out that I can downgrade my iphone 4 to 5.1.1 since I have the blobs saved. But on my mac I have the latest version of itunes. On my laptop I have the earlier version which it will recognize the ipsw. Since I will be restoring it on my laptop is there any other software I can use that is free other then itunes for my mac?

Samsung Galaxy s4 4.4.2, Mac mini late 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

To sync what? iTunes sync a whole variety of content and there are alternatives that match some of iTunes functionality (but not all of it).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

I just need some other software I can use to sync my iphone 4 since my itunes on my mac cant sync with my iphone since I will be restoring it on my laptop. If I try to restore it on my mac it will just update it to ios 7 and I dont want it to do that.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Didn't know there was any software that will "sync" to an iDevice from a Mac. Could be, never looked for one.

Perhaps a few apps that allow drag and drop capability, typically by providing Finder access to the iDevice - one I have used on an extremely rare occasion is def not free - iExplorer.

And why would you want to go all the way back to iOS 5?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

cause ios 7 is laggy and I want either ios 5 or 6 on my iphone 4

Well I have tried to downgrade with ifaith and still having no luck keep getting itunes error even when I combined the blobs with the 5.1.1 firmware. Guess I am stuck on 7.0.2 for now. :/

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Okay so I found out that I can downgrade my iphone 4 to 5.1.1 since I have the blobs saved. But on my mac I have the latest version of itunes. On my laptop I have the earlier version which it will recognize the ipsw. Since I will be restoring it on my laptop is there any other software I can use that is free other then itunes for my mac?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I just need some other software I can use to sync my iphone 4 since my itunes on my mac cant sync with my iphone since I will be restoring it on my laptop. If I try to restore it on my mac it will just update it to ios 7 and I dont want it to do that.
You are confusing me here. First you say "on your Mac" then you say "on your laptop" and on your Mac you have the latest iTunes and on your Laptop a earlier Version of iTunes that will recognise the ispw ?? Correct ?? Yes ?? Then where is the problem ??

What i want to know is what type of Laptop do you have and is it Windows or a MB/MBA/MBP ??
I no you can go back a iOS version ONLY on the iPhone4 and no other and you can get there by downloading iTune 11.0.5 and you can download that here.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
V6Pony

V6Pony is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
You are confusing me here. First you say "on your Mac" then you say "on your laptop" and on your Mac you have the latest iTunes and on your Laptop a earlier Version of iTunes that will recognise the ispw ?? Correct ?? Yes ?? Then where is the problem ??

What i want to know is what type of Laptop do you have and is it Windows or a MB/MBA/MBP ??
I no you can go back a iOS version ONLY on the iPhone4 and no other and you can get there by downloading iTune 11.0.5 and you can download that here.
Is it true you can roll back to 6 on a Iphone 4? I have resisted going to IOS7 fearing I may not like the speed on my iPhone 4. I thought I had read you could not revert back to 6. I would try it if I can go back. I already have iTunes 11.0.5.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Pony View Post
Is it true you can roll back to 6 on a Iphone 4? I have resisted going to IOS7 fearing I may not like the speed on my iPhone 4. I thought I had read you could not revert back to 6. I would try it if I can go back. I already have iTunes 11.0.5.
Yes you can, BUT ONLY the iPhone4, not 4s, 5, 5c, 5s . . .

Good read here . . How to Uninstall iOS 7 and Downgrade Your iPhone 4 to iOS 6 | Digital Trends

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
V6Pony

V6Pony is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

Thanks TattooedMac may give it a try then.
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

Okay so sorry for the confusion but I have both a mac and a windows laptop that has vista yeah its old but it works. On my mac it has the latest itunes version and its kinda hard to downgrade that to 11.05 now on my windows laptop I have 11.05 itunes but if I was to restore my iphone 4 on that lalptop then I wouldn't be able to use it on my mac. Catching on so far? Good. When I tried to restore to 5.1.1 on my laptop Itunes just had an error so I might have to try out my 6.0.1 blobs I don't have any 6.1.3 blobs cause I was semi tethered on that firmware. I tried doing the 6.1.2 blobs but ifaith said it was a bad blob file. Hopefully I can go back to ios 6 cause ios 7.0.2 is kinda slow on my iphone 4 it works but its not terrible just meh. Now the question is is there any other program I can use to transfer media to my iphone 4 other then itunes on my mac since I can't use itunes unless I downgrade it?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Inserting text in IPHOTO | Some of my iPhoto albums are suddenly empty »