New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac App Store Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mesut

mesut will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBA mid-2013

So, I just discovered I have a "Bought Apps" tab on the MAS. And I saw it said "You have 3 apps to accept". Because of the language barrier, I took a screenshot:

I think they are iLife suite apps?
Anyway, if I accept them, will the next owner of this macbook be able to update them? I mean, are the apps licensed to the device or to my account?
Although I won't have anything to do with my AppleID if I sell my computer, I don't want anyone use it, of course.

Second question of mine is about the purchased apps and discounted (sometimes given free for a limited time) apps.
If I bought an app while it was free (or discounted), and then remove it for some reason, and the developer decides to make it a paid app again (or remove the discount), am I entitled to download it without any price?
I think I can get the discounted ones even if I removed the app and they remove the discount, but I am not sure about the free ones.

For instance, this app is free for now (from 3,59 to Free): App Shopper: Smart Wall (Utilities) I got this. Let's say I remove this, and they make it 3,59 again. Will I have to pay that price to download and install it again?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesut View Post
So, I just discovered I have a "Bought Apps" tab on the MAS.

I think they are iLife suite apps?
Anyway, if I accept them, will the next owner of this macbook be able to update them? I mean, are the apps licensed to the device or to my account?
Although I won't have anything to do with my AppleID if I sell my computer, I don't want anyone use it, of course.
Yes they are the iLife Suite and they will be now and forever tied to your Apple ID. When you sell the Mac, you need to ring Apple and Disassociate that Mac's unique identifer number from your Apple ID or the next person signing into the MAS will find they will have problems IF they have iLife as well.

Quote:
If I bought an app while it was free (or discounted), and then remove it for some reason, and the developer decides to make it a paid app again (or remove the discount), am I entitled to download it without any price?
I think I can get the discounted ones even if I removed the app and they remove the discount, but I am not sure about the free ones.

For instance, this app is free for now (from 3,59 to Free): App Shopper: Smart Wall (Utilities) I got this. Let's say I remove this, and they make it 3,59 again. Will I have to pay that price to download and install it again?
No it doesnt work like that. I do this all the time, as i have a App that will tell me when my wish list of Apps are discounted and then i BUY BUY BUY, and sometime delete them.
They are and again be forever linked to your Apple ID and they will alway come up in your Purchased tab in the MAS, with either Installed or Download next to it.

Developers drop prices all the time, and with the popular ones, its usually only for 24hrs, but dont worry, one you buy it for $, or buy it for no $ it is and will always be yours

Düzenle - Ben biraz size yardımcı oluyor umuyoruz

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
mesut

Thanks for the quick answer TattooedMac.
It sucks that the iLife suite is tied to my account but it is good to know that I can unlink them just by contacting Apple. I'll try to learn how to unlink it before linking them to my account.
I'm not thinking of selling this one for a while, but I don't think I'd buy another Mac again So, that's why I asked.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Thanks for the quick answer TattooedMac.
It sucks that the iLife suite is tied to my account but it is good to know that I can unlink them just by contacting Apple. I'll try to learn how to unlink it before linking them to my account.
I'm not thinking of selling this one for a while, but I don't think I'd buy another Mac again So, that's why I asked.
My pleasure.
You dont have to learn how to unlink them, and once you download them, then thats how they will be linked to your Apple ID.
As i said if and when you do sell, its only a phone call to Apple to Disassociate your Apple ID to that Mac.

Ben biraz size yardımcı oluyor umuyoruz

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
mesut

Yes you are helping me, big time. Especially when you told that my purchases (or free downloads) are mine no matter what (Well unless Apple changes the things). You'll need some Turkish practice, though

The thing is that, in Turkey, we don't have an Apple Store and I am not sure about phone support. So, I might not be able to unlink them.

EDIT: Congrats on your 7000th post
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Yes you are helping me, big time. Especially when you told that my purchases (or free downloads) are mine no matter what (Well unless Apple changes the things). You'll need some Turkish practice, though

The thing is that, in Turkey, we don't have an Apple Store and I am not sure about phone support. So, I might not be able to unlink them.
Yes i know, had to try anyways What i did find, even though you havnt a Apple Store Turkey, i did find this Apple - Destek and because my Turkish isnt that good, im not sure how much help that is But if not there is a Turkish Phone Number to ring here . . . Contacting Apple for support and service

Quote:
EDIT: Congrats on your 7000th post
Well ill be. Thank you very much Sir, too busy helping people to even notice and im happy you did. Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
mesut

Well thank you once again
With all of the products, I never could find solutions to my problems (which I couldn't solve on my own) on the support pages of the manufacturer It's either the community or a ticket system.
But I wasn't aware that they have a phone number for Turkey. Thanks for that! I am now linking those apps to my account.

It seems you love to help, already 7002nd post

EDIT: Just realized it's not a Turkey phone, but whatever
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The Folder Called "Other" | M. Outlook 2011 wants to download 3,500 emails »