New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pages headers and footers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Asquith

Asquith is on a distinguished road

I want to set up business letters with headers and footers on the first page only. I seem to end up with them on alternate pages, i.e. page 1 then 3 then 5 and so on.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Which application(s) are you using? Which versions?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Asquith

OSX 10.8.5
Pages 09 version 4.3
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

In the Layout Inspector go to the Section tab and mark the first page as different

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Asquith

I did try that but all that happened was that headers and footers appeared on every page except the first page, which was blank. I could not see a way of reversing the difference.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Start with a blank document. Mark the first page as different. Add you header and footer to the first page.

QUOTE Thanks
Asquith

Brilliant. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail: "To" field being replaced on incoming mail. | "Notes" application keeps making new notes in the sidebar? »