New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Application Installations

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rwhcumming

rwhcumming is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMAC 27" 3.4GHz i7 16GB RAM 3TB HDD

Hi, I am new to MACs and on a steep learning curve after years of working with Windows. I have recently bought an iMAC for running Lightroom. I have installed this, but had to install it twice because there are two user accounts. I have now learned that this should have been installed just once for All Users. Is there an easy way to fix this such that I don't have to install updated twice each time etc? Or will I have to uninstall it from both user accounts then re-install it at the root for All Users? Will this effect my license (it is a proper bought copy). Also I have Google NIK Collection installed with it for both users, again, same question. Many thanks for any advise given....
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhcumming View Post
will I have to uninstall it from both user accounts then re-install it at the root for All Users? ..
That's what I would do. Don't know if it affects your license. If you did not have to enter a license number, then no, I don't think so. Where did you purchase the app and in what form?
QUOTE Thanks
rwhcumming

rwhcumming is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMAC 27" 3.4GHz i7 16GB RAM 3TB HDD

The Lightroom App was purchased from Adobe and NIK Collection from Google NIK, both are the official vendors for each piece of software. I will try uninstalling each User version and re-installing a single instance and see what happens...
Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

How many people are using this computer??

Normal setup is one Admin account. The end.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

If you install it in the main /Applications folder it will be available to all users. Whether all users can use it legally depends on the license.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

^ Yeah, that's what I was getting at asking "in what form?". That is, if you have a DVD, then just reinstall it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pages problem | Missing iPhotoq »