Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cleanmymac 2

Specs:
    Imac 27", 3.3GHz, 512 flash storage, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    I also received this offer via email allegedly for being a Mac Forums regular.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Any member that has opted to receive the "Mac-Forums Brief" would receive this email.

If you've mistakenly signed up, you can unsubscribe via your usercp > Settings & Options > Email Subscription Center. Of course, you can sign up for it there too.
    I don't know what the "Brief" is exactly, but if it's for peddling software of dubious value, I'm glad I'm not subscribed.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    I don't know what the "Brief" is exactly, but if it's for peddling software of dubious value, I'm glad I'm not subscribed.
    Im with you LIAB, as i would hate to see this is my mailbox, but it still a shame that new members get this and then the dubious Apps with flashing lights, and signing into a reputable forum as this one, they think is OK to use. I know about the advertising and what not, but i wish iiNet could vet what they wanted out and be done with it.

I feel for the members that get theses emails . .
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Im with you LIAB, as i would hate to see this is my mailbox, but it still a shame that new members get this and then the dubious Apps with flashing lights, and signing into a reputable forum as this one, they think is OK to use. I know about the advertising and what not, but i wish iiNet could vet what they wanted out and be done with it.

I feel for the members that get theses emails . .
    If this is a new thing going forward, I think I will have no choice but to discontinue participating here. I know they have to pay the bills, but partnering with developers that the core of their own community frowns on is not something that I will continue to be a part of.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information