New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Best Email client for mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

knightjp

knightjp is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB ram running OS X Lion

I've always been a fan of Apple Mail. Recently I came to know about something called Sparrow and a new client, AirMail.
What are these? Are they any better or serious alternatives to Apple Mail or Outlook 2011 for Mac?
What about the integration contacts with AddressBook and Calendar? And not to mention the Syncing with my iPhone.

Once You've had Mac, you can't go back.... So very true.
If necessity is the mother of invention, she obviously never met Steve Jobs..
Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Lol one vote and it is closed! That gives Apple Mail a 100% win. Would have been my choice also.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Lol one vote and it is closed! That gives Apple Mail a 100% win. Would have been my choice also.
Haha... Good one.

Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
skriver

skriver is on a distinguished road

Sparrow has been around a while. Was the preferred option for those who did not like Apple's Mail OSX app/client. Then the big Google Shark came along and swallowed it up. It's still around, just no longer updated and has minimal support.

Airmail is the first real app to challenge both Mail and Sparrow. It's a little slow, has a good GUI and is constantly being worked on by their devs. Also look out for Unibox which is in Beta and Inky (this is live)

There are others that are well known, Postbox etc but Airmail and Unibox seem to be the two moving forward. Inky is more a fun web based app.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I use Apple's Mail, but have used Airmail. It has a nice feel to it, but I was too lazy and kept forgetting to launch Airmail instead of Mail so I ended up deleting it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I wonder why the poll was closed? Mail is an application I kept coming back to so I use it and have not one issue with it.
QUOTE Thanks
Tito Puentes

Tito Puentes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 11.1, 13,3", 2,4ghz, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd + Ext Seagate 1TB 3.0, OS Mavericks

Apple mail is my primary choice... Also I am using Outlook 2011...
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Puentes View Post
Apple mail is my primary choice... Also I am using Outlook 2011...
I have my office email too on my exchange server; which has my office calendars and stuff. I like the integration that comes with Apple mail. If I receive something on my outlook, exchange calendar at the office, its syncs well with my calendar on my iPhone and my mac.

Does Outlook 2011 have the feature that syncs with the iPhone?
How does Outlook compare with Apple Mail?

Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The problem with most of the competition to Mail is three-fold:

a. Most of the time they are IMAP-only. That is not an issue for me, but it's an issue for many.
b. They cost money ...
c. They're not OMG SO MUCH BETTER than Mail as to get people to switch.

I own AirMail and I like it ... but for some reason I haven't made it the default ... lazy maybe
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

I prefer to use programs that are currently being supported than old ones that are not.

I'm currently thinking about using Outlook 2011.
I use a windows system at the office running MS Outlook with exchange server. I need to be in constant communication via email, so my iPhone has been configured to the exchange server as well. I like the integration that my Calendar and Tasks app have on the phone syncing with exchange server and outlook.

At home, I have a Mac and my Apple mail syncs everything as well. Calendar gets the exchange server, the tasks and the in addition, my gmail account too. Calendar even integrates facebook events as well and informs me of birthdays of friends. By syncing my phone with iTunes, I have everything I need from both worlds at my fingertips.

The question I put is will Outlook 2011 add to it and make it any better or will I loose any of the features I already have?

Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
Tito Puentes

Tito Puentes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 11.1, 13,3", 2,4ghz, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd + Ext Seagate 1TB 3.0, OS Mavericks

As I am using Outlook only with imap gmail acc - and only because I want to have separate mail client for private mail I do not use its advanced functions so I could not provide any help...

but regarding notes/calendar sync apple mail is great and there in nothing in outlook which would pull me back (I was outlook user for most of my life - I am using this - my first - mac only for about 11 months)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble with iTunes 11.1.1 | Help! Can't insert symbols in MS Word 2008 »