New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Word for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beth Smith

Beth Smith is on a distinguished road

A thick black line across the bottom quarter of of the page above the footnote line appears on random pages and i cannot get rid of i. I have tried to fix it in Format and footnote boxes with no luck.

What is this line, how does it get inserted? AND HOW DO I GET RID OF IT Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Which version of Mac Word are you using and also tell us the version of OS X you're running? In the meantime, check to be sure that you somehow did not accidentally insert a border into your document.

Also your post was moved here to the correct forum as it has nothing to do with running Windows on your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Beth Smith

Beth Smith is on a distinguished road

Word for Mac 2011 student edition and i have OS X version10.8.4

I dont think it's a border: i checked then unchecked the border insert option and no change.

i think it has something to do with footnotes which i have inserted then either deleted, cut and pasted or changed into text.

Also, is the correct forum Mac OS X apps and games?

thanks much Beth
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Hi Beth:

Yes, you're now in the correct forum. I'll try to duplicate what you're experiencing with my copy of Word 2011 and a blank document. I've never seen that before which is why I thought it may have been placed there by the border option.

I'm also wondering if it could be caused by your printer? I've seen odd things happen with several of my printers when I had a setting wrong. I'll get back to you in this same thread.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Smith View Post
A thick black line across the bottom quarter of of the page above the footnote line appears on random pages and i cannot get rid of i. I have tried to fix it in Format and footnote boxes with no luck.

What is this line, how does it get inserted? AND HOW DO I GET RID OF IT Thanks
Does the line print? Just curious.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Is it a table border by any chance? Have you inserted tables at any time?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

How to Remove a Mysterious MS Word Line | eHow
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« flash games | Office 2011 Word »