Thread: Notify

Notify
    I'm sure I can't be the only one who has been enjoying using Notify to monitor multiple GMail accounts. It's worked great for a long time. Then all of a sudden the other day I go to delete an email, and I get this message:

"Your Notify Pro trial has expired. To continue using Notify Pro, you'll need to purchase it. Interested in learning more?"

Ok...been using this program for at least a year and had no idea it was a trial. No big deal; it's worth paying money for. The problem is, if you click the link to purchase it, it takes you to the site:

http://kylevanessen.com

...which is just a blank page.

Does anyone know how the heck to purchase a license for this app? If not, what other programs are you guys using to monitor multiple GMail accounts from your desktop? I do not want to use Mail, as I just want to be notified of new emails, not download them to my computer.
    -Jon
    iMac 27" late-2012, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM
    Macbook Air 13" mid-2012, 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Yeah it looks like this has become abandon ware. The developer took down his web page and doesn't appear to be able to be contacted. I don't know how you'll be able to get rid of the nag, but what's strange is that the program didn't nag you sooner. Most programs that offer a trial do so for a short period of time, not a year.

Apparently the author of Notify released the license free for use when he closed up shop. You just have to download a file. Read the discussion on MacUpdate's page:
    https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32217/notify-pro

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Apparently the author of Notify released the license free for use when he closed up shop. You just have to download a file. Read the discussion on MacUpdate's page:
    https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32217/notify-pro
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip. For others who may be in my predicament, the discussion in the link above said to google "license.notify.zip". Here's where I downloaded it from and it worked perfectly:

https://anonfiles.com/file/6bdc702e9...4b7110a620f1f6

Thanks again!
    -Jon
    iMac 27" late-2012, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM
    Macbook Air 13" mid-2012, 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM

Question unable to download license file
    hi,

i've been in the same situation since i changed my laptop. i'm unable to download the license file from the link that jon provided(https://anonfiles.com/file/6bdc702e9...4b7110a620f1f6)
    is there another link i could download this file from? or any other way in which i can activate the features available with the license?

thank you in advance : )

roy

Quote Originally Posted by roy227 View Post
    i've been in the same situation since i changed my laptop. i'm unable to download the license file from the link that jon provided(https://anonfiles.com/file/6bdc702e9...4b7110a620f1f6)
    is there another link i could download this file from? or any other way in which i can activate the features available with the license?
    The discussion on MacUpdate says to Google for "License.notify.zip". I found it on my first hit. Or what I assume to be it.

License.notify.zip - Google Search

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

license link
    hi there,
    i'm able to go to the webpage, however both the download buttons take me to some kind of ad pages...i'm not able to access the text file. if you're able to d/l the file could you please mail it to me ...that would be a huge favour. thank you
    Last edited by vansmith; 08-01-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Removed email.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Merged threads - please respond in the same thread.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by roy227 View Post
    hi there,
    i'm able to go to the webpage, however both the download buttons take me to some kind of ad pages...i'm not able to access the text file. if you're able to d/l the file could you please mail it to me r*****@r*****.com...that would be a huge favour. thank you
    You should never post your email address publicly like that. It'll get grabbed by the spam bots in a heartbeat. The file is in a zip file and available from the first hit I got.

------
    ------

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach View Post
    You should never post your email address publicly like that. It'll get grabbed by the spam bots in a heartbeat.
    Good point - removed.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information