New york
    can't download itunes?
    Dell Inspiron 530S Vista. itunes was working fine on this desktop pc but I uninstalled itunes after having a problem not seeing the ipod showing up when connected, now I am trying to download and reinstall, going to the Apple page here: Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now when I click to download it asks where to save but after that window closes nothing happens, help please?

North Louisiana, USA
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Look carefully at where that link takes you. If you are on the Mac at the time lot will link to the OS X version. If that happens scroll down below the "Download Now" button and you will see a small blue link to get the Windows version.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Yep, at this time the Windows download link asks if you want to save the file and then nothing.

Try again later.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

New york
    Yes, you were right, I was not downloading from the correct location Slydude, thank you very much! Strange, the playlists are showing in the new installation so that's good news. Now I have to link back to the songs which is exactly what I need to do on my mac for which I had created another thread. When I had created the playlists originally on my pc, the mp3's were physically located on my external hard drive so I now connected the drive and tried to open some tunes in the playlist but it cannot located the songs so I changed the "itunes Media Folder location in Preferences-Advanced to the folder of mp3's lon the external but this doesn't work. Can you tell me what the procedure is to have itunes located these songs again please?

Thread Information