Specs:
    13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
    iCloud - Screen Synch?
    I'm looking into getting my first Cloud service -- Dropbox, Carbonite and iCloud.

With iCloud, can you screen synch your Macs? Specifically, if I create a music session in GarageBand and save to my Music folder on iMac, will my MBP pick it up instantly?

I'm thinking of something akin to the iCloud commercial in which a newly downloaded iTunes song instantly synchs to all connected devices.

I would stick with DropBox. iCloud has its uses, but you can't really exert a fine degree of control over it.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherid View Post
    I'm looking into getting my first Cloud service -- Dropbox, Carbonite and iCloud.

With iCloud, can you screen synch your Macs? Specifically, if I create a music session in GarageBand and save to my Music folder on iMac, will my MBP pick it up instantly?

I'm thinking of something akin to the iCloud commercial in which a newly downloaded iTunes song instantly synchs to all connected devices.
    Yes, you can do what you do describe, but as in the commercial, the original file is SAVED to iCloud, and thus available on all your device through iCloud.

iPhoto and iTunes, being Apple-developed programs, can do this automatically, as can a number of other apps. I don't think Garageband can do this automatically but you can have access to the file on any of your devices using either iCloud or Dropbox or Carbonite or something like that. I use Copy(.com) since I get a lot more space with it than I do DB.

Thread Information