New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't open some sites without Internet Explorer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ajmerajai

ajmerajai is on a distinguished road

There's a site i wanna open but it will open only in Internet Explorer and as i am using MAC it gives me a headache all the time..!!
I really need to open this site asap as all my study related videos are uploaded over here and my exam are just behind my back...can anyone help me how to open it in firefox or any other browser in MAC.

PS : The site is http://increase.indiacan.com/
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

I had no problem opening in Google Chrome.
QUOTE Thanks
ajmerajai

Hi there,
I will be more specific...I can open the site but i can't log in as you can see its on the top

"Browser other than IE are not supported" any help on that..??
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Which browser are you using on your Mac? If you're using Safari, you can force it to emulate IE but there are some things you have to do first. Let us know.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Even with that there are some sites that only work with Windows and IE. I have a site like this for work and even IE running under Crossover does not seem to work. My only option thus far has been to create a virtual machine and run Windows from there.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

^^Yep, had 2 sites we've been using for 7-8 years that we download project plans from.
You could log in to both of them from any OS/browser, but the pages that had the project listings and the plans only allowed access from Windows and IE until about a year ago.
Tried all the spoofing measures with Safari and FF with no luck.

Can't find it via a search, but pretty sure we've had a couple of other posts related to that same web site.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Reasons I found searching for solution to this particular site:

Quote:
– The developer of that site does not want to be bothered by any non-IE questions, because he is a troglodyte.
– The site has non-standard code that works in IE, but may have odd appearance in browsers that are designed by the rules.
They do manage to have all of their sales pages available in every browser though.

Here are the options - link.
Incl'g how to have Safari tell the server it is IE.

QUOTE Thanks
ajmerajai

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply...!!
Hey chscag I got everythin..from Safari to chrome to Firefox to Even the Old internet Explorer 5.2.3 i downloaded to try my luck bt nothing worked out..!!

n hey bob i tried the Safari stuff from the link to make it work and it did actually..i was able to log in finally via user agent but then i got this error (in the attachment) when i tried to open the video gallery..!!

Any help on that..???
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-07-25 at 6.09.07 PM.png (162.1 KB, 50 views)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

And there it gives you a list of browsers other than IE.

If the pages you need are using ActiveX, not going to get it working without Windows.

You might go ahead and try Camino though - it's a dead browser now, but can't hurt anything - link.

What you're seeing there is the same issue I had with those 2 business sites I had to use - could log in and go anywhere on the site except the pages I needed would report unsupported browser.

QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Does anyone else find it absolutely ridiculous that ajmarajai's site still lists IE 5 for Mac as a supported browser? That browser was discontinued a decade ago.

QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Crossover + IE7 works fine. Winebottler + IE7 also works fine.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Does anyone else find it absolutely ridiculous that ajmarajai's site still lists IE as a supported browser?
Fixed that for you.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

LOL Thanks. Almost got that past me. I had to read it twice to figure out what was different.

The Active X requirements don't surprise me anymore. The real puzzlers are sites which suggest older version of IE as a minimum and the versions listed were notorious for security issues.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'm surprised that website developers still actively develop websites with ActiveX considering both the browser neutral technologies that keep cropping up and the growth of unsupported browsers (anything but IE).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
ajmerajai

hola thank you all for your help and suggestion but unfortunately nothing worked out so i borrowed my friends laptop fr sometime and m working on it...!!
and true even i feel its ridiculous that only IE is supported..i hope someday the developer read ths thread and understand user requirement..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari Being Attcked | Saving 1 year of iCal calendar data »