New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Grapher 3D graph (cube): data points: color & lines setting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

upio

upio is on a distinguished road

In Grapher 3D graph plotting, is it possible to change the color (blue) of data points?
Can I make the lines connecting the points go away, too?
QUOTE Thanks
YB24

YB24 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OS X 10.8.4

Very easy : INSPECTOR
YB24
QUOTE Thanks
upio

Thanks! Where is that located?
I tried 'Hide Inspectors" under 'Window,' but nothing changes...
QUOTE Thanks
YB24

Hi,
1) Click the line "Point set" in the équation list (left part of the window) ;
2) Click the "i" icone (the blue circle) at the top right of the window ; "i" means "Inspector" ;
3) In the Inspector pop-up window, try all commands untill you understand and learn what's going on…

About the "Window" menu : you should read the whole menu (11 lines) and not the first four ones : the lines "Show Inspector" exists !

To conclude : Open your eyes, look around, click and watch carefully what happens.
For more information : don't forget the "Help" of the aplications and for Grapher the website <http://y.barois.free.fr/grapher/> (free French and English documentation)
So long,
YB24
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GrapherInspector.jpg (64.4 KB, 22 views)
QUOTE Thanks
upio

Thanks! I found it!
So... unchecking 'Lines' (or 'Droite' in your photo) in Inspector makes the data points disappear as well as the lines connecting them.

Do you know if there's a way to make only the lines go away?
QUOTE Thanks
YB24

Thanks! I found it!
So... unchecking 'Lines' (or 'Droite' in your photo) in Inspector makes the data points disappear as well as the lines connecting them. YOU ARE RIGHT !

Do you know if there's a way to make only the lines go away? YES BUT DIY !

ENJOY,
YB24
QUOTE Thanks
upio

-----
QUOTE Thanks
upio

When you plot points in Grapher (3D), and if some of them lie in the same exact spot (= sharing the same XYZ values), is there a way to assign different colors to them than the color of all other plotted points?

I just want repeated values (points) to have a different color than non-repeated ones.

If Grapher can't do this, is there another software that can? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

As we told you in the answer to your contact inquiry, do not start another thread. This current post is obviously related to the subject, therefore it has been moved to part of the original thread.
QUOTE Thanks
YB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by upio View Post
When you plot points in Grapher (3D), and if some of them lie in the same exact spot (= sharing the same XYZ values), is there a way to assign different colors to them than the color of all other plotted points?

I just want repeated values (points) to have a different color than non-repeated ones.

If Grapher can't do this, is there another software that can? Thanks!
ONLY ONE COLOR PER POINT SET.
So answer "yes" if the "repeated points" are not in the same point set.

I guess your unchecked "polygone" to cancel the link between the plotted points : congratulation ! How long before you decided to try this ?
YB24
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Entourage email program | sharing email folders in a small business »