Thread: Applets

2 21.5" iMacs 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 500 Gb HD OS X 10.11; 2 iPads iOS 9.1;iPhone 4s iOS 9.1
    I have downloaded googledrive. From Safari I tried to upload some files from my iMac. Although Google Chrome allows uploads they can only be uploaded from Safari with a Java applet. When I allowed this applet all sorts of dire warnings about 'damage to my computer' appeared.

Are there risks for Apple users? If so how do I get rid of the applet once it is installed? I can't see it anywhere.

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Thread moved - Please read the forum description before posting..

Install G-Drive on your computer fully and you will get a folder in Finder that you can use to upload files easily without needing to use Java at all..

The warnings are just that, warnings. Java doesn't cause issues, but applets that use them MIGHT cause problems..that's just Oracle protecting their behinds..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information